Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was rough cutting some forks one day on the driveway and my neighbor Jim walked over to see what I was doing. When I told him, he said “can I have one of the rough cuts to finish out” and I said sure. He took it and about a week later he brought back what is in the picture below. It is White Oak and is stained with Mulberry Juice and finished with a hand rubbed oil. As you can see he left the handle a little longer than I do. Also he finished out the top prongs a little differently tan I do. It is a beautiful slingshot and I am proud to own it. I own two of his finished ones and the other one is just as pretty, but finished out differently. He is a very good wood artist. The steel shot are 7/16 inch diameter. Tex

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hello, Tex-Shooter! Was that one made by the same fellow that made that walnut/osage laminate for you?

Man, I think I like this one even better -- if that's possible?! ...Just something special about the shape of this one. Or maybe it's the mulberry stain.

Anyway -- Way To Go! (Wish my neighbor would give me something other than a hard time!)

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
No Thwupp-p-p, it was a different person, This one is not a shooter, just a friend. Tex

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Very, very nice. Thanks for the tip on the mulberry juice, no mulberrys here but I have plenty of poke weed. ;)

EDIT: Apologies I just looked at the date of this post, sorry for bringing back the dead but the mulberry tip is still very good. HAHAHA

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Wow, that's a very cool shooter, love how he has done the forks, gonna have to attempt something similar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts