Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a roll of bad, unusable rubber from him, contacted him about it, and his response was that he is aware that many complain about it, and in a few words, that he is not responsible for the faulty product he sells, so I have to suck it up.
No problem, there are many vendors to spend my money on, and Wu Jim won't be one of them anymore.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Go to GZK. Or buy from Nathan. He will stand behind what he sells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I would buy from Nathan, but for a single supersure pouch, I have to pay $10 shipping, so it is not worth it.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something he obviously hasn't learned yet is that one unhappy customer with access to communities like this can blow a hole in your business like a cannon ball through foil. :mad:
Thanx for the word.
Exactly. If he doesnt make it right, after he reads this thread, then he is the only one that will lose.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PIAO YU (Aliexpress) has been reliable for all the purchases I made there, including "Precise" rubber. Strongly recommended.

"Mr Yang outdoors supplies store" (Aliexpress) is another good seller I can recommend. However, "YX Extraordinary Store" is mediocre (damaged or fractured wood grips, sights that don't fit in specific slots, etc.), albeit that they do have a huge selection of slingshots. Not so "extraordinary" :hmm: .

To some extent, it's a case of reading the customer feedback and service ratings for each Chinese online seller at Ali. I now stick to the aforementioned sellers when I do need something.

If you do receive a shoddy product, Aliexpress does have the "open a dispute" option: I have had 2 slingshots fully refunded without having to send them back to China. Just make sure you take a good photo of the problem and submit this with a detailed explanation. They handle the rest.
I had an item refunded from AliExpress too. AliExpress does take care of its customers. I just had the impression that I was buying from a reputable seller, that is all. We all do mistakes, I made one, I learned my lesson, which was a cheap one, thankfully, and now I know better.
I still have some hopes he will come through, to be honest. Not because of the value of the item, purely for ethical reasons, but I am not holding my breath.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is confirmed, the guy is posting videos in his fb page but doesnt answer my messages. I expected as much, but it is sad when you get to realise another dishonest person is out there.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats a shame! I hope he decides to make it right.
Can't remember if you have tried GZK bands but I am liking the .66 and .62 samples he provided in my last 2 slingshot purchases from him. Both are nice and snappy. I just started using the .62 yesterday so I can't speak to longevity yet but the .66 is going strong after 300+ shots with no sign of wear.
I ordered 10m of gzk 0.66 this morning ????

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know a bunch of British shooters that buy a lot from Wu jim. I've gotten bad tubes from Dankung. But it's not worth the trouble of sending them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I once got a roll from a store in AliExpress that wasnt up to the advertised specs, and I got refunded without sending it back.
Look, I really don't care about the bands, its just that I cant trust that store anymore. If he just offered a solution, a discount even, I would probably just said that its ok.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just stating that I had a bad roll and he replaced it . If you read what I wrote surely it was obvious what I was saying is not rocket science.
And i think you'll find I have been on here a while and done a lot more than 4 posts.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
In the mobile version it shows 5 active messages ... I sincerely apologise.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I got a roll of bad, unusable rubber from him, contacted him about it, and his response was that he is aware that many complain about it, and in a few words, that he is not responsible for the faulty product he sells, so I have to suck it up.
No problem, there are many vendors to spend my money on, and Wu Jim won't be one of them anymore.
I called that one huh buddy! .. that sucks .. he did the same to me .. told me basically oh well!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
A trader that takes all the profit, but none of the risks lol!

1 - 9 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.