Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi here is my latest slingshot (catapult), i am very happy with this one, I did do it to sell on ebay but its going no were ha ha, I dont know the wood as i picked it up, I have stained it with coffee and tea, then sanded it and stained and varnish it to give it a antique look, I love it, it smashed a sweet tin up from 15 yards with 1/2in steel balls, all made with just a old jigsaw and file, cheers jeff

·
Registered
286 Posts
Holy cow, shot in the foot -- that is literally awesome!!! (I can see why you kept it...)

So, did you finish up with a second application of a commercial stain after the original coffee/tea staining -- or was the second staining just more coffee/tea stain like the first?

That is one fine job on that one!

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy cow, shot in the foot -- that is literally awesome!!! (I can see why you kept it...)

So, did you finish up with a second application of a commercial stain after the original coffee/tea staining -- or was the second staining just more coffee/tea stain like the first?

That is one fine job on that one!
I finished it with a wax stainer, I love it, its like a bit of antque, The band is 5in at the fork and 4in at the pouch, thanks for the comment, jeff

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
It's hard to part with the slingshots we make. Very cool slingshot indeed.

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
Very nice Mr.Shot! Love the tea and coffee idea!!!!!! Flatband

·
Registered
855 Posts
I did do it to sell on ebay but its going no were ha ha,
That's a problem, isn't it?
When you make something nice enough to be comfortable selling it to someone else, it's so nice that you want to keep it for yourself. I did a few modifications a couple years ago to a pocket knife and posted it on another forum. A guy there liked it so much he wanted me to do one for him. When I got it done, it turned out much nicer than the one I'd done for myself.
It was really hard to give it up, but I'd already made the commitment and the guy had already paid me at that point.
The lesson: always make at least two of everything you think you might be able to sell and keep the nice one for yourself!

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Thanks for your replies, It is hard to part with them, the spotty one I done was for my son Ive kept that one as well, ha ha, I am new to this making slingshots, i used to make 2 or 3 a year and they were nothing flash they were what you call throw aways, just a old fork and a load of small bands, but they have served me well over the years, will be looking out for some tools o i can do them propley, cheers jeff

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Looks to me like you have the tools to do a great job now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts