Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resigned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dark coloured one is a hardwood laminate that has been laminated with Tufnol.

The other is a mahogany frame laminated with honey coloured micarta, and a palm swell made from bog oak and yew. This is very similar to the bamboo ergos, but the forks and palm swell have been altered to fit my hand more securely.

Thanks for looking.

Martin

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I like the light colored one a lot. -- Tex

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Martin they are just class, and to think you have only a few tools, wait till you have a work shop, i love both of them, i could never do out as nice as them, jeff

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Both are breathtaking; mouthwatering. It's good to see you getting into your stride, because you'll soon be making so many that you'll be ready to trade with or sell to us!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Stunning work mate.

·
Resigned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The theraband arrived this morning, so I finished these two up and spent an hour shooting in the garden.
Martin

·
Resigned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Both are beauties. How's that Blue Thera-band?
I am very pleased with the blue theraband and surprised at how fast it shoots.

I cut it to 22cm then cut it down the centre and folded it, I will try some tapered band-sets with the next one.

Martin

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Martin, think the blue theraband is strong enough for hunting?

·
Resigned
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After trying it out yesterday I would say yes, I was shooting at one of those foam deer archers use and the 12.5 mm steel ball were penatrating.
Not just under the surface but a good 3 to 4 inches, and this stuff is real tough high density foam.
Martin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts