Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from sunny Arizona. I'm 72, no car, and have been shooting airguns (target shooting, I don't hunt). Have had a couple tube slingshots fro Walmart, but am ready for a quality slingshot. Can't decide on flats or tubes. Have never shot flats. Also, at my age am thinking I should have a wrist brace. Comments ?

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Welcome.
Try some flats... I bet you will enjoy 'em. I shoot light and only plink, too.

I recommend since you were mostly a wrist rocket tube shoot that you start with ttf (through the fork) style frame. I shot tge same as you til March this year. You, friend, are about to have some serious fun.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm with Treefork that, given the slingshot designs we have kicking around these days, wrist braces are unnecessary for most applications, starships being a very notable exception.

What airguns? I do love me some airguns, a fabulous technology.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hello and welcome

·
Freezin' my Butt Off
709 Posts
If you are worried about your wrists, flats would be the way to go.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forum. I'm with Treefork that, given the slingshot designs we have kicking around these days, wrist braces are unnecessary for most applications, starships being a very notable exception.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I've had a few Chinese spring-piston rifles ( junk in my opinion), a co2 Crosman pistol (modified), a highly modified Crosman 1322 with the 14 in barrel that came with their early Doomsday Bug Out Kit. No longer made. Umarex Octane in .22 cal. Crosman 1720t pistol, by far the most accurate( with the stock attached) pistol I've shot

·
Registered
813 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin! Some slingshots shoot both flats and tubes.Agree with Tag use a lanyard,better than a wrist brace.Shoot small stuff ,that’s all I do and still enjoy it a lot.

Reactions: ForkLess

·
Registered
539 Posts

I've had a few Chinese spring-piston rifles ( junk in my opinion), a co2 Crosman pistol (modified), a highly modified Crosman 1322 with the 14 in barrel that came with their early Doomsday Bug Out Kit. No longer made. Umarex Octane in .22 cal. Crosman 1720t pistol, by far the most accurate( with the stock attached) pistol I've shot
Nice! Yeah, I too have had disappointing experiences with Chinese made break barrels.

The Crossman 1322, and variants thereof, is a real classic. So is the 1720. My favorite air pistol is the Biakal IZH 46m, which you can't get anymore possibly due to the whole Russian embargo. Extremely frustrating. It is unbelievably accurate though, you almost can't miss with it. Beyond that I tend to run PCPs these days. More power, more range, more accuracy, more better. The compressors have gotten so cheap too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts