Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I used a heavy duty Tupperware 2'x4' tub. I caulked some carpet on the inside to prevent any rounds blasting through. Threw a 2x4 across the bottom in front to catch the rounds. And I glued some rubber on the front lip to help with ricochet. I used tiny eyebolts to tie my lines on. And I put my old catch box on top with some tipping gophers.

I hung some cheap harbor freight moving blankets behind it just in case.

It catches most. I do have to pick up rounds off the floor when I'm done. They really like to bounce off those gophers.

The numbers on those clapper targets are approximate diameter in centimeters.

The lines on the floor are at
10feet
20feet
30feet
33feet/10meters
And 35feet.

I'm really pleased with it.

I'm giggling like a child.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks guys. It was fun to make. Even more fun to shoot at. It doesn't beat walking around outside on a nice day shooting at anything that is unfortunate enough to be in my line of sight when I'm slinging around, (the world is my shooting range), but it'll get me through.

There's something to be said about being able to walk downstairs in shorts, a t-shirt, and some slippers, fresh out of bed, with 24 hour light, and the heat on.

... and my wife wanted me to work on the bathroom... psh...

She's gotta work on her priorities.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[quote name="Eldon 77" post="1352624" timestamp="1572019926"]Awesome set up. My wife won't let me use the metal spinners in the basement no more. The sound drives her nuts lol

I know what you mean Eldon. My wife isn't a fan of the noise. Luckily enough for me, I'm one of those rare creatures that has been on 3rd shift for years and plans to stay on 3rd shift til the end. I get home from work, crack a beer, wait til my wife gives me the I love yous and the see you laters... and I make all the noise I want.

But yes... heck is to be had if I decide to start snapping off rounds while she's still asleep.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I appreciate everyone liking my box and range. Just being on this forum a month or so has really accelerated my ambition. The boxes and targets and frames that I see in these posts and conversations is actually more inspiring than I imagined when I was looking around the internet for pretty much anyone to talk slingshots with.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.