Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I find it hard to see the structure of the pouch and how it's attached to the bands. Could you describe it please?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, that's clearer now with the extra pix and the desription, thanks.

It's very interesting, and I've never seen or heard of anything like it before. I've no idea how well it'll shoot or how long it'll last but I guess it should be easier on the bands than normal connection methods. I'll be very interested to hear your opinions on it once you've shot it some.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
well, question is sorta irrelevent now lol, took it out shooting and about 15 shots later its falling to pieces

had to cut off about 2 inches of it, but there is still a piece. i will probly be removing it as it falls off on its own, considering i have like 12 freaking slingshots now:D.... or more lol

also, my 1 doller slingshot seems to work better than this one

·
Registered
86 Posts
Looks like it was more of a gimmick than a technical breakthrough. Pity. Gotta wonder why they bothered as they'll surely get loads of returns and a poor reputation if your experience is typical. It must save them a few cent in labour and material costs, but it boggles my mind to think how a concept like this gets all the way to market without someone testing whether it was actually any good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
could have been the fact it sat around for so long, im guessing about 4 years of sitting in a box in some1 closet, or perhaps its actually missing a piece.. havnt bothered to look up the original specs yet

lookin around google images, i cant find anything even similar, maybe this was a custom jobby, i dunno.

·
Super Moderator
6,547 Posts
Hey Cerb, that's a Crosman Vortex and it did come stock with very powerful blue tubes but looking at yours I would say first: those tubes are not the originals (they're loaded way too far down on the prongs and look to be a larger diameter tube (possibly exercise tubing. Second, that foam pouch was someone's attempt at something new or he added it later to shoot round ammo ( maybe he was shooting arrows using only the tube and a hook type release. It is a very good frame, Get yourself a set of RRT's from Trumark or to really make her sing,load a set of flats on her from Tex shooter or myself. You will have some frame then Bud! ( I have three-love them! Flatband

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx man! i love to have quality comments from you around on my threads! hearing from the man himself makes me happy

from what i seen of it, it can be very accurate, but whatever the pouch is all about is sorta a fail, but when it did work it was like a laser lol, full butterfly with these things also.

i tried to drag the band down, but it was way to warped to shoot with. i got some long blue thera tube i wanna try, but im trying to get them straight atm with push pins holding them stretched... last time i used them i shot myself 3 times lol

glad to hear you have 3! i suppose this was a little more than 20 bucks originally?

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I think its not really a pouch at all. I think like flatband said they are exercise bands and i think that the "pouch" is actually the handle bit that you are supposed to pull on when using the exercise bands for exercise.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I think that it was set up for exercise and not shooting. -- Tex

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
interesting! no wonder its sucks as a pouch

the guy who sold it to me ... has no idea, and i believe got it from some1 that owed him money.

whats the original retail price of this thing? he said like 70?

·
Super Moderator
6,547 Posts
You know Cerb, what Tex said didn't even dawn on me,it probably was set-up as an exercise tool. I have seen it done before with slingshots. Anyway, you have a good one. Original sticker price for one of those was anywhere from $10 to $20. Rig her up and let her rip! Flatband

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hmm, well thx for the info, somewhat depressing on the price angle, but im not angry, just another for the collection

i was too eager to take it i guess, next time i will try to barter i suppose

·
Super Moderator
6,547 Posts
Don't be depressed Bud,I don't think Crosman makes the Vortex anymore-therefore you have a collectible!
Flatband

1 - 20 of 22 Posts