Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts

These photos show my new fork for the Slingshot on a Stick.

Notice that the pouch cannot hit the bottom of the fork, since I draw it above the Stick.

The corks make great bumpers to protect the rubber.

Everything is cheap, easy, adjustable, and strong.

Shoots very well.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Nice photos
Looks like your having fun with your slingshot on a stick

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Stu, it seems that the shooting part is perfectly viable, you have clearly proved that.

Now try to make it looking more attractive.

Use nice materials and finish them well. You could use stainless steel rods or tubes, polished, for the stick, and nice multiplex or exotic wood for a hand rest and fork. Or you can use ornamently carved wood for the stick.

I believe you focus too much on the "cheap and easy to make" part. In order to have success, you must also make the weapon nice too look at. Which is currently not the case, if you allow me to point out.

It is very much OK to test the functionality first, but you are through that phase for sure.

Jörg

·
Registered
280 Posts
Stu, it seems that the shooting part is perfectly viable, you have clearly proved that.

Now try to make it looking more attractive.

Use nice materials and finish them well. You could use stainless steel rods or tubes, polished, for the stick, and nice multiplex or exotic wood for a hand rest and fork. Or you can use ornamently carved wood for the stick.

I believe you focus too much on the "cheap and easy to make" part. In order to have success, you must also make the weapon nice too look at. Which is currently not the case, if you allow me to point out.

It is very much OK to test the functionality first, but you are through that phase for sure.

Jörg
Joerg,

People differ on what is success.

I built a cheap and dirty elevator years ago for less than $100.

It carried a 350 pound friend (158.7 Kilos) up a flight in 12 seconds.

His smile said everything. It still works fine.

Had I purchased a commercial elevator for $20,000, I would not have felt as proud as with my first elevator build.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.