Slingshots Forum banner

new guy here, found some cool slingshots on ebay

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Millipede 
#1 ·
hey everyone im new here and semi-new to slingshots. lately ive been on an airgun obsession and have bought and customized a couple of them already to far exceed their original specifications. i just love the durability and simplicity of them and how self sufficient they can be (multi pump guns for the most part) anyways, theres a little background... so when i saw this guy on youtube, jeorg sprave i think his name is, i was just in awe of the power of his simple-as-can-be weapon.

i was inspired to buy one so i got one the very next day. just a cheap ten dollar wristrocket thinking it would be just as cool as the last time i shot one years ago. i was dissapointed with the power of it and got out my chrony to measure the fps which turned out to be about 200 fps with a 7-8mm steel ball. im not sure how good that is but i figured with a little research and some customizations i could at least double that.

i found these on ebay which seemed to be good candidates and ordered them:

http://www.ebay.com/...3#ht_4220wt_879

http://www.ebay.com/...3#ht_5001wt_879

i was wondering what you all might think of these in terms of their power and the durability of the bands since ive been going through posts on here and noticed NONE of you have slingshots with multiple bands!

when i get them i will definately be shooting them over the chrony a few times and doing all kinds of testing.
i know theres a lot for me to learn here still and maybe i can add to some of that knowledge base

also this design by jeorg caught my attention and i may make my own. i think i'll try and put the handle on the bottom though and add an arm brace to stablize it since its so tall

vertical slingshot shoots like a bow:

See less See more
1 1
#2 ·
hiya mate,welcome to the forum theres a wealth of knowledge here,unfortunately lol you have opened a topic thats quite a fav on here,ie chinese slingshots.general consensus being if there not from dankung there not worth having,as im sure when members have commented on your purchase you will find out in due time.main issues being the fact there not stainless as advertised and are zinc and brittle.i have my own thoughts,but ive given my opinions about these slingshots many times before lol.anyway mate,welcome.

marcus sr

#6 ·
if there not from dankung there not worth having

marcus sr
i just looked at their site. pretty awesome stuff. it seems like everywhere i turn theres an even better slingshot to be had... ****, for the price i just paid for both of the ones i ordered i could have had a super awesome, nearly indestructible, powerful slingshot (which is what im aiming for!) crap.... i'll just wait a while before i get a dankung slingshot because i dont want my girlfriend to think im THAT weird... she thinks my airguns are bad enough. ive spent a lot of money customizing them and now THIS! oh well, at least she's gotten used to it. the most she does now is kind of roll her eyes at me and let me do my thing

#7 ·
if there not from dankung there not worth having

marcus sr
i just looked at their site. pretty awesome stuff. it seems like everywhere i turn theres an even better slingshot to be had... ****, for the price i just paid for both of the ones i ordered i could have had a super awesome, nearly indestructible, powerful slingshot (which is what im aiming for!) crap.... i'll just wait a while before i get a dankung slingshot because i dont want my girlfriend to think im THAT weird... she thinks my airguns are bad enough. ive spent a lot of money customizing them and now THIS! oh well, at least she's gotten used to it. the most she does now is kind of roll her eyes at me and let me do my thing

[/quote]
the quotes above are not what i think mate,if you read the post i left,you,ll see thats what people say on here all the time lol.my friend has been shooting a slingshot made from the same stuff you have bought for a while now and its showin no signs of weakness,peoples opinions are like dirtboxes,everyone has one lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.