Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a commercial sling at a "box" store. Enjoyed it so much I now have several types of the store bought ones. They do ok...but I see from this forum's content there is so much more.
I am extremely tall with very long arms so my draw length far exceeds what's out there.
It seems a "natty" and custom length bands/tubes are the way to go.
Many great forks here on my property so I'll start looking. Apt/suburban bound locals around columbia welcome to come cut a couple forks as I know they frown on that in the city.
Planning OTT type build as soon as the ole hurricane passes

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Welcome to SSF. You be safe, friend.

You are going to love custom bands!
Wooo!

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hello and welcome

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all....I am a maintenance supervisor at a large upscale hotel so working long crazy hours prepping for the storm.
I see many mention the gold therabands...guess i start there but looking for power as I hunt small game. So any tips welcome there.
Everyone in the path of florence get ready...check on the elderly & don't forget your animals.
Take care !!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks to all....I am a maintenance supervisor at a large upscale hotel so working long crazy hours prepping for the storm.
I see many mention the gold therabands...guess i start there but looking for power as I hunt small game. So any tips welcome there.
Everyone in the path of florence get ready...check on the elderly & don't forget your animals.
Take care !!

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
Picked up a commercial sling at a "box" store. Enjoyed it so much I now have several types of the store bought ones. They do ok...but I see from this forum's content there is so much more.
I am extremely tall with very long arms so my draw length far exceeds what's out there.
It seems a "natty" and custom length bands/tubes are the way to go.
Many great forks here on my property so I'll start looking. Apt/suburban bound locals around columbia welcome to come cut a couple forks as I know they frown on that in the city.
Planning OTT type build as soon as the ole hurricane passes
Long arms = "Butterfly" or "Albatros" style shooting, which is great! Do a YT search for "Torsten", a most accurate and graceful shooter who LOVES long distance shooting in German forests.

Welcome!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Welcome & enjoy! :)

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bushpot....I pay attention to advice from you gentleman. Apologies for charging in here like a bull in a china cabinet ...reading the great info. Learning ALOT !!!
Are you guys are right...so right. There is a whole lot more than box store slings.
As "mako" put it...bands are woooo....gonna name one of my future hyper alpha hunting terriers mako in his honor.
My accuracy is way up...the videos you have up are truely good .
Gunfire & fog trigger my PTSD...but my dogs and an angelic wife ( found a pretty girl with bad eyesight & married her fast!!) help alot.
Slings allow me the pleasure of shooting sans gunfire.Truely a blessing.
Fully intend to master the frameless & butterfly shooting (awesome stuff)
My wife advised me to order what I need and focus more on shooting than building slings ( yea..she's sweet)
So that being said I have the huge head of a cane corso pup in my lap..hot coffee...gonna get on the dankung site & get busy. Maybe grab a couple spares for the grandsons !!
Thanks again for a well run & positive forum. Wife & I planning to make some events simply to see high level shooters perform as well.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Bushpot....I pay attention to advice from you gentleman. Apologies for charging in here like a bull in a china cabinet ...reading the great info. Learning ALOT !!!
Are you guys are right...so right. There is a whole lot more than box store slings.
As "mako" put it...bands are woooo....gonna name one of my future hyper alpha hunting terriers mako in his honor.
My accuracy is way up...the videos you have up are truely good .
Gunfire & fog trigger my PTSD...but my dogs and an angelic wife ( found a pretty girl with bad eyesight & married her fast!!) help alot.
Slings allow me the pleasure of shooting sans gunfire.Truely a blessing.
Fully intend to master the frameless & butterfly shooting (awesome stuff)
My wife advised me to order what I need and focus more on shooting than building slings ( yea..she's sweet)
So that being said I have the huge head of a cane corso pup in my lap..hot coffee...gonna get on the dankung site & get busy. Maybe grab a couple spares for the grandsons !!
Thanks again for a well run & positive forum. Wife & I planning to make some events simply to see high level shooters perform as well.
Man, thats like 5 different kinds of awesome! Congrats on having a very understanding and cool lady by your side! She said it best, focus on your shooting for now - climb into building whenever youre ready though, its a whole other aspect to the therapeutics of slingshots IMHO. I have PTSD, AND I can honestly say at those weird 3am moments when ita just you vs. You... a catchbox, a target, some steel and ones trusty sling can be the tether to sanity we sometimes go without. :)

Be well, shoot happily & any other questions or just to shoot the breeze feel free to PM me.

Sling on, brother.

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks man. Brings me peace brother...uprange now. My PT straight. Even going to train my finger strength more to get that release smooth. Law of 7 P's

1 - 20 of 22 Posts