Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Finally it is done! This slingshot cost me quite a lot of time planning and making. I wanted a slingshot that fits my hand perfectly and gives me a good sighting view at the same time.

The fork is 10cm (4"), with 2cm broad fork ends. I didn't want the bands to overlap the fork left and right because this makes it more difficult to align aiming eye perfectly in view with the sighting plane.
The handle has a finger supporting part (black) that extends to the front. The whole index finger lies comfortably on its rest (I am left handed). The thumb has also the option to rest on a stud, although I prefer it to press against the rear of the fork. The lower handle is made of Karelian birch and is rather chunky to fit in the hand. I really love this setup - thumb and index finger support the frame and the other three fingers still hold the handle with strength, like they do in a "pistol grip" framed slingshot. This is one of the strongest and most secure types of holding, plus it makes it very easy to flip the slingshot automatically.

There's one big and strong screw going from the bottom of the yoke through all three parts. The finger rest and fork are connected with two additional screws.
The slingshot handles exactly the way I wanted it, and is very accurate. Definitely my new tournament model, and a great pleasure to shoot!

Attachments

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Hmm. . . something new. Looks pretty efficient to me. And the craftsmanship is top shelf too. Nice Job, Melchior!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Interesting.... any chance of you putting up a pic of you holding it. The grip is unique. I would like to see what your hand looks like in the shooting position.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure! Here are some pictures, I hope they explain the way to hold the slingshot:

(Sorry for poor quality, I'm on the run today...note that it is both possible to rest the thumb agains the bach of the frame or put it on the small stud of the black part)

Attachments

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Heheheheh so true Pelleteer.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Awesome design Mel ! Looks like it's going to be a fine slingshot for you !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts