Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a new birch fork. I added a bit of burl on the end and caped it with some red oak. The finish is superglue.

After about a half hour of banging cans I took it for a spin in the woods.

cRlHhOr.jpg

Z29Bw0r.jpg?1

IgvUJYh.jpg

The last one is a muskrat. I shot him about 10 feet out in front of me swimming about 3 inches under the water. He sunk to the bottom and I got to walk home with very wet boots. It was cold but I have never taken a muskrat in anything but a trap before so this was pretty cool. Both will be eaten and the fur will be made into hats.

Thanks!

·
Registered
296 Posts
That's a beautiful natural my friend. Man y'all grow em big up there, fine looking bunny and the shot on the muskrat had to have been perfect cause wow they're tough. Way to go!!
Yeah! snowshoe hares are pretty big! This is a small one. probably born this summer. They get about 2 to 3 lbs heavier. Last year I got a snowshoe hare that was 6.8 lbs. It was a monster! I have high hopes for this season as the hare population is reaching it's apex in my area. Next winter is going to be nuts!

Amazing builder and hunter .What size ammo? I wish I had 1/2 your talent!
the rabbit was taken with a standard cats eye marble (as seen in the pic.) The muskrat was a half inch steel ball. I figured I needed a bit more umph as it was a little bit under water.

As for the Amazing builder and hunter part, thank you very much. Like everything else its simply an issue of time on task. I hunt nearly every day, and I have a basic proficiency with my tools. Thanks again.

Msturm

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
I made a new birch fork. I added a bit of burl on the end and caped it with some red oak. The finish is superglue.

After about a half hour of banging cans I took it for a spin in the woods.

cRlHhOr.jpg

Z29Bw0r.jpg?1

IgvUJYh.jpg

The last one is a muskrat. I shot him about 10 feet out in front of me swimming about 3 inches under the water. He sunk to the bottom and I got to walk home with very wet boots. It was cold but I have never taken a muskrat in anything but a trap before so this was pretty cool. Both will be eaten and the fur will be made into hats.

Thanks!
Great mustache and beard.

THWACK!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts