Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I like the designs bud..the grain looks to be running the wrong way..these will work as scales on a core but aren't structurally sound as they are.. turning 90 degrees will help but not guarantee the strength.. keep us posted

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
The grain needs to run up the handle not across. Nice designs the one on the right has a pretty thin spot on the left fork. Should be ok if the grain is running up. Just my opinion. Be sure to show them off when you are finished.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I like the designs bud..the grain looks to be running the wrong way..these will work as scales on a core but aren't structurally sound as they are.. turning 90 degrees will help but not guarantee the strength.. keep us posted
Thanks Mr. Brooks. Safety 1st... I can never beat you to any grain alignment warnings. You have a keen eye, friend.

Larren I will try to take some pics to help when I get home. But grain must run up & and down... fork tips to handle... and the forks still need to fattened up on board cut frames.
It really ain't no fun getting a fork in the eye.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.