Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just stumbled upon this forum today, after watching a few videos on slingshots. Mom never let me have one as a kid, and my wife is mildly interested in them herself after watching YouTube with me.

Needles to say, I will be looking to buy something sooner or later, I just don't know what yet.

Thanks for having this old kid in your midsts!

Jason

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Welcome!! Don't hesitate to go find a tree fork and slap some bands on it......you know, just like we did as kids. They shoot as good as anything!
Good advice!

Also consider a Daisy F-16 from Walmart. Lost of information on the forum as far as modifying it. Be sure and cut off the band set that comes with it and install some flat bands. Lots of information here on how to do that or just ask and we will help you.

Walmart also has Daisy 1/2" marbles, 3/8" steel shot and paintballs! All great ammo choices.

SPRI exercise bands at Walmart are latex based and make reasonable flat bands - I make all my band sets from SPRI bands. You can also get #32 and #64 rubber bands there.

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
I just stumbled upon this forum today, after watching a few videos on slingshots. Mom never let me have one as a kid, and my wife is mildly interested in them herself after watching YouTube with me.

Needles to say, I will be looking to buy something sooner or later, I just don't know what yet.

Thanks for having this old kid in your midsts!

Jason
Hi, Jason and the missus.

My girlfriend also became interested in shooting slingshots (and archery, and guitar, and ukulele) when she observed how much fun I have with it.

I don't know how "old" your farts are, but I'm a kid of 74 1/2, and for my 74th birthday, I treated myself to a "crotch rocket", a 2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 ABS KRT edition sports motorcycle.

Think young, act young, and enjoy life!

Google "Wasp" slingshots - they're in the UK - very inexpensive, wonderful, easy to shoot, pocketable slingshots. They come in many colors (show your wife), and it doesn't matter how many you buy, there's only one low shipping charge. I bought every color of their Wasp Uniphoxx.

Order your bandsets and ammo from our very respected member, Nathan Masters, through his web site "Simple-Shot.com" . You've probably seen his many informative videos on YouTube.

PS - Your new hobby is going to become very addictive - "Gear Acquistion Syndrome" - there's no cure! I only have 34 slingshots, and compared to others in the forum, that's a piddling. Fortunately, a natural fork from a tree is just as good as any other, if you want to make your own.

Enjoy!

THWACK!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts