Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got myself a birthday present and it arrived today a classic Slingbow from Weber. It came on the card with the original shrink wrap never opened. Of course I had to open it, what good is a new toy if you don't play with it. What amazed me was the condition of the tubes, they are like new, not dry, no cracks, I don't know how this thing was stored all those years (I would guess at least 30) but it's pretty amazing. The leather pouch is also in like new condition. Of course I will replace the bands before I shoot it but the way it looks I could take it out right now and shoot a few rounds. This slingshot looks good and feels great in the hand, who ever designed it did a fine job.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is I'll try to post some pics later.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Very nice Harpers, what a find!!! Those were popular when I was a kid. They even influenced the design I make today. I know you'll have a great time shooting it!!

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is the back of the package, sorry about the quality all I have is my cell.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah Tex read that thread a while back when I first started looking at them, I think I'll stick with tubes for now for traditions sake.

·
Super Moderator
6,506 Posts
Nice find Scott! I love it! Great Slingshot too Bud. Mine came in a box.Take those mint tubes off and wrap them up and then get yourself some RRT's and load them on there. That should be an awesome set-up on that frame and it will also ease the stress on your sore shoulder. Love the old ones!!!!! Flatband

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
What Flatband said. That'll be an awsome setup with rrt's. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Does it say where the slingshot was made ? Because when I was a kid in wisconsin, My uncle ( rest his soul ) ran a plastics company in Oconomowoc , Wisconsin that moulded a slingshot frame that looked like that. I remember it soo well. All the boys in our family had an unlimited supply of those slingshots and boy oh boy did we have fun getting in trouble !! HEHEHEHEeee

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
I just checked, My uncle was the CEO of a plastics company in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin and they made the slingbow for weber which was located in Stevens Point , Wisconsin . WOW , Thank you for posting you new "old" toy....that sure brings back some wonderful memories from my youth !! Thank you so so much ! That goes back to the late 60"s

·
Registered
469 Posts
i like these webers also. have 2 i got off ebay. there are good size , and fun to shoot . the plastic they made them from

looks as good ,and strong as when they were made 30 or so years ago . i rigged one with flats going inside forks

as suggested by bill `tex shooter` herriman . i think he is right , a bit odd looking rigging - it makes them shoot better . one thing you need to do

for safety is ` locktite ` the cap nuts on the fork studs so they don`t work loose and hit you. got a `victor trap 20 `

slingshot on ebay last night . its a vintage similar to slingbow .should be fun --------------

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
ahaw ----so you `re the guy that outbid me on that one !!! that linatex looks good on yours , bet it works good with marbles.

mine came from someone called vintage one62 in washington state . i`ll look for the` trap 20 ` thread . i love shooting

the old ones like whamo s sportsman , and classics .etc . have fun ---------frank

I think our victors come from the same seller then. i was and might still find the victor 20 topic but i just got mine in 3 days ago!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Those are Flatbands 1/2 linatex bands and yep mines from Washington to with the wood floor back gound. And i bought my whamo a while back but im waiting for Flatband whamo repo bandsets so i can master it like it was.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts