Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi sling people,

My son's friend had a birthday last week and his mom thought he would like a slingshot. Don't have to ask me twice! Always happy to help someone get into slingshots!
So I decided to come up with something new for him. I've done some fancier slingshots but wanted to make something simple for him. And have tube style attachments so it's easy for a beginner. It's my own design but I know it's similar to others.
It's walnut and birch plywood. Laser cut and engraved.
Since he's a beginner, I made him an even simpler "trainer" to go with it so he doesn't beat up his new sling right away! It's just plywood with very little shaping or finishing.
What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very cool. I keep looking at one of those engravers on Amazon thinking how awesome it would be to have one. I really want one capable of cutting 1/4" boards, but I'm guessing with that power comes a whole new price tag. Very nice job though!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very cool. I keep looking at one of those engravers on Amazon thinking how awesome it would be to have one. I really want one capable of cutting 1/4" boards, but I'm guessing with that power comes a whole new price tag. Very nice job though!
Thank you. The one I have is a Glowforge basic. It's capable of cutting 1/4" of most woods. But struggles on really dense wood. And can do a little thicker on lighter woods. I love the thing! It's a lot of fun.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Speaking from someone who is still a kid at heart, he'll be tickled to get his paws on those! Many generous and thoughtful folks on this forum and you sir are one of 'em, kudos BROOKS.
Thanks, I appreciate that.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I hear he's been smacking cans with it already!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts