Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· 500 Club
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!!

Today I have been making two pfs slingshots out of aluminium. I've never worked with aluminium and i'm new to making slingshots.

The one on the right is an "attempt" at Danny0663's pfs.

The one on the left, and in my hand is my own design!
(sorry about blurry images!)

Attachments

· Super Moderator
10,906 Posts
I am not sure why you would say they are not of good quality ... they look just fine to me. Aluminum is a very good way to start with pfs style slingshots ... you are less likely to damage one if you get a fork hit. Looks like you are in for some fun!

Cheers ..... Charles

· Super Moderator
10,906 Posts
Thanks Charles! theres a few little scratches etc.. but then again, aluminium is so soft and easy to scratch!

Cheers Luke
Not to worry ... All of my aluminum plate is salvaged from an old herring skiff. You cannot imagine the dings and deep scratches in it! If I polished all the scratches out, there would be nothing left. But I am a believer in function over gloss. As long as you are comfortable with it and it shoots well, not much else matters, in my opinion.

Cheers ......... Charles

· Premium Member
5,065 Posts
yeah they look very nice to me too, i am planning mine with hopefully a symetrical scratch pattern and other with a high polish, the only way to learn is to practice, so you are on your way. just shoot them and be happy it looks like a job well done to me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.