Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's giveaway time again, and this one is aimed at the newer members of our community! For this contest, I want to see some serious recycling, (if there ever was such a thing haha) and that means cans cans, and more cans! Bean cans, Soup cans, pop cans, beer cans, heck I'll even take some long-distance coffee cans LOL! The idea here is to Rack yourself up a tally, everything will be on the honor System. Rules are simple from the time you finish reading this post until October 15th, I want you guys shredding cans like they're going out of style. This Thread is going to get pic heavy, as I want the running tally being kept by the shooters. Each killed can requires a picture with the frame used, you can have as many dead cans in one picture as you want, but those ones are now accounted for and obviously will count no further. So for example if your first photo shows 5 dead cans, you're 2nd shows 5 dead cans then your third one with five cans would say that you're up to 15 and so on. He who smashes the most Cannery will be declared the winner! I have a feeling they are going to be some guys rifling through their neighbor's recycling LOL! Really this contest is open to all, but I really would like help out our new shooters with becoming comfortable in our little cult haha. No restrictions on frames, slings, or ammo - no trebuchets allowed!

Winner will recieve a WASP Delta Wing & a variety pack of premade bandsets by me. :)

So what are you waiting for, finish your drink, rinse out that can and blast the sucker in half! Happy shooting guys, looking forward to seeing the mountains of foil you create from those cans! ;)
2d3562571fe8564f55eb0c3c13567273.jpg
f0521f839420ba881585799dea4356f5.jpg

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks matt! I just thought of a side rule I'd like to add, forever Bean can you cut that counts as five soda / beer cans. If you ever cut a bean can than you know why, if you haven't you should give it a shot!

Happy shooting!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool giveaway!! This could get expensive here in Michigan as cans are valued at 10 cents each, but the sound of nailing that can is well worth it.
Thanks man! Im hoping this will get some poepe thinking avout recycling, best way when all you can think about is how to get your hands on more cans lol!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like fun! Was there a specified distance? Sorry if I missed it bro.
Im gonna ask that people are at least 7 paces so your not just point blank shooting lol what would be the fun in that?

Reactions: Buckskin Dave

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great start guys, nice shooting!

Covert 5 - 2
MIsling -1

Reactions: Buckskin Dave

·
Registered
76 Posts
My effort from yesterday 5 soda cans. I started on a large tin thinking the large target would be nice but gave up after a short while. That thing would have taken forever.

Im really enjoying this, its really made me focus on my accuracy, particularly on my elevation which has been all over the place. That last shot to complete the cut can be challenging, and is so dang satisfying when you get it.

Im shooting from 10m.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
My effort from yesterday 5 soda cans. I started on a large tin thinking the large target would be nice but gave up after a short while. That thing would have taken forever.

Im really enjoying this, its really made me focus on my accuracy, particularly on my elevation which has been all over the place. That last shot to complete the cut can be challenging, and is so dang satisfying when you get it.

Im shooting from 10m.
Great work waimser, that puts you in the lead! & youre right about those bean cans theyre tough thats why I said anyone who cuts one gets 5 cans haha. :)

I too love shooting cans for accuracy. Some folks dont see the benefit but the way I look at it, you start out with a large target that gets trickier the more damage it takes - not many targets that can do that. Amp it up by using red bull cans, hanging it on a long string so the slightest breeze pushes it around and back off to 15m. I find it very simalar to shooting doves off branches and its A LOT of fun especially with big ammo like marbles.

Sling on gentlemen, it stands:

Covert5: 2
MIsling: 1
waimser: 5

A great start! :)

Reactions: The Norseman

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very nice Covert! I sure like that hare splitter its pretty cool, seems to be working quite wellnfor ya! ;) Shooters now stand at:

Covert5: 4

You guys are lucky someone else isn't hosting this and Im not apart of it, Ive cut 10 cans tonight - thats as many as you guys combined - come on shooters, let me hear your war cry!! Haha jk have fun guys!!
2d63f8738d1eb91c1a6f9cc9209cc717.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Haha, nice. I managed a few cans over the last few days, I need to get pics up when I find time.

These couple weeks crept up on me and I realised I'm moving house on Wednesday. I should have gone all out on the cans while I had the opportunity.

Oh well, I get the fun of setting up a new range next week at least :)

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha, nice. I managed a few cans over the last few days, I need to get pics up when I find time.

These couple weeks crept up on me and I realised I'm moving house on Wednesday. I should have gone all out on the cans while I had the opportunity.

Oh well, I get the fun of setting up a new range next week at least :)
Haha no worries man I hear you, I'm moving over the next few days myself! Best of luck on the move, look forward to seeing new range and some more busted cans. :)

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And Covert5 takes the lead with another two blue bin bandits thoroughly crushed LOL! That puts us at:

Covert5: 6

Keep it up guys lots of time left! :)

...if this gets heated I may hust have to up the prize lol!

Reactions: Tag
1 - 20 of 49 Posts