Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to be away for a while taking care of some things and really missed my daily shooting. Also really missed the time just being out in the desert and enjoying. Got back out for the first time in a few weeks yesterday. I think the desert may have missed me too. This roadrunner came by and hung around for about 10 minutes. Even hung around within about 10 feet of me for a bit. Lots of grasshoppers where I was, so maybe he was more into the dining than the company. But either way, had a great time getting back to it yesterday.

Bird Plant Plant community roadrunner Beak

Road surface Asphalt Gesture Terrestrial animal Grass

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bonus was still being able to get the balls going forward, and even hitting the spinners and cans once in a while, after a good bit of time away.

I knew how much I valued my quiet time to "just be" for a bit each day. The past couple of weeks made me realize how much I enjoy and crave that time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
These kind of encounters are great! I had a very quick meeting with a speedy fox the other day... Watching it run across from me put a smile on my face.

Slingshots are such a rewarding hobby to have. Not only shooting, but walking in nature and hand crafting naturals...

Enjoy your walks HDF!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yep they’re something else for sure. No fear. I had a pair out where I am a few summers ago and they were the biggest clowns. Loved watching them. They’d get up on top of the house and slide down the metal roofing. I realized they were just doing it for the fun of it. There’s definitely more going on in those heads of theirs than their size lets on. Cromag’s right too, they’re devious little things.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Road runners were my favorite part of being in the Desert of California for so long. For a little airhead they're rough and tumble. Saw one mess up some kinda snake once. Just like every bird hunting experience it was horrifyingly awesome. Worst part by far was experiencing Big Bear and seeing how much better it could be.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts