Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after my last one broke i was kinda sad becouse i love how they work and now im stuck trying to decide what kind of sling shot to get
any suggestions? i mean i could probly get the wood and get it hand made but ive never made one before and i dont know if i should buy another one like the one i just had
or if i should ask about getting one ordered in i was looking at some of the hand made sling shots some of the members here have for sale and i realy like all the designs but im wondering if i should get one with the wrist thing on it considering how hard i pull them back
all ideas welcome

yet again sorry for the spelling

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Sorry but I have to ask two questions...Why do you feel you need to shoot using heavy bands??
Secondly how old are you? the reason I'm asking this is if you are in your early teens using extra heavy bands can cause you physical problems if not now then down the road.

as for non-braced slingshots as long as your wrist is strong enough to handle the bands in the first place you should be OK with one. If you look at A+ or Hunter Catapults both of there hunter bands are pretty much equal to any tubes you will ever need.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got the heavy bands becouse its about the same pull back as my bow wich i love so im used to it im 14 15 in september
alsoi i got the heavy bands since they were thicker and are suposed to last longer but yea it did mess up my wrist sort of from the recoil when i release i get whiped by the metal on the brace so prolly wasnt the best idea but i was told it would with stand the pull i use which was good becouse i didnt want the bands to snap ion my hands
but now im just looking for something functional for shooting targets pests etc
also may iask you something ? acording to my doctor i have something wrong with my fine motor skills ( foot muscles hand muscles righting and balance )
will this effect anything ?
and i kinda want to get something i could upgrade something that would be fairly easy to maintain ( i have extremly hard times with cutting things straight and tying things )
thats another reason i got the heavy bands was told they would last
yet again sorry for the spelling mistakes

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I would suggest if you're thinking of a wooden non-braced slingshot check with A+ (he's Pallan65 on the forum) Bunnybuster, or Flatband, let them know what you're looking for and they can steer you in the right direction.
It's more economical to cut your own flat bands but you don't have to a number of members here sell them.
Also I would suggest starting out with lighter bands and work your way up. Shooting slingshots puts different forces on your arm than shooting a bow so it's best to be safe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah thanks but since i got the one with a rist band my dad recomended that i got the heavy bands but i dont know where to get the band stuff itself
and also im just looking for something practical for shooting things and to be able to use all sorts of amunition and i did look at some of those a+ sling shots there realy nice
but do you know if they ship to canada?

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
you'ld have to check with Pallan65

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
doing that now i was talking to him and flat band its hard to deside between them i love there work

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
I would personally recommend a trumark with heavy pull or Saunders with the flatbands (you could put customs on too). I can't say much about the A+ slingshots yet. I do have one being made for me and cannot wait until it gets here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
flat bandsent me to go try to pick out of a site and they would tell me which was better i chose probly about twenty sling shots but i would love toget my hands on a few of them
id love to get that cross bow that one afreand showed me in an email

Attachments

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
A lot of those slingshot crossbows are just for decoration the only functional one I have seen is made in china and I have never been able to find it sold over here. Over here meaning North America.

·
Super Moderator
5,197 Posts
I have a Daisy B-52 and it just destroyed the third band set in less than 100 shots. I traced the cause to a sharp edge on the front of the prongs caused by sloppy machining. I think I fixed it with my dremel, fine sandpaper, and polishing compound, but you shouldn't have to fix new slingshots. Avoid the Daisys.

Henry

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
hey you could always go old school and find yourself a good stick and make your own...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i dont realy care for the way natural sticks look like and i dont have the eye but im thkinkinh bought going to a home hardware super center and getting like 20 or 30 sling shot blanks cut out for me next thing i need is surgical tubing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts