Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasp Uniphoxx! Lovely thing. Unfortunately I neglected to order the flat band clips I wanted for it so I had to order them separately a day later, should come tomorrow.

However, I was looking at my old bands bag and saw a knackered 5mm solid band so I cut it in half and attached it to the Wasp and it's nice. This is a very practical slinger that can take a wide variety of bands so I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of fun with it. I will probably get another one so I can have one to keep as a designated flatty with the clips, and have one to try different bands on.

I love it already and I haven't even shot it yet.

5mm solid tied on.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,124 Posts
The holes in the UniPhoxx were actually designed around 2050 tubes with ball-in-tube (were popular - or still are - in the Uk at the time - lets just say alot of UK shooters like being well overpowered).

Thats a cool approach. I need me a new UP frame...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hahahaha- I banded it up backwards. The Wasp logo is supposed to face me. Oh well, it doesn't really matter with the solid band but I'll have to be more aware which way it goes when using flats. I must say I love the simplicity of this thing, and it weighs nothing so it's easy to carry along "just in case". It feels really good in the hand. I will get another one for sure, in bright pink or something.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Come to think of it, the way it's banded up right now would probably shoot just fine with the logo facing me and the rubber drawn on the inside of the forks but I don't see a problem with that. Don't see why it wouldn't work. I'll try it tomorrow. If I return with a squinty eye you'll know I was wrong.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aha! I was messing around with it some more and discovered that 4060 tube will fit through the hole just fine. I'm all out of 2050 at the moment. What's the difference in performance between those two tube sizes?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.