Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody
I made a new slingshot. I call it the "Speedo". It's constructed with Flatbands ( thickness: 0.5 mm). That is like the Thera-Band silver. The Thera-Band silver has ca. 0.55 mm of thickness. I'm very pleased with the "Speedo". But you have to concentrate you, when you shoot it, because when you don't concentrate you, the ball perhaps hits the fork. I will spray it green later.
Azure Font Aqua Art Electric blue
Wood Sleeve Hardwood Wrist Tool
String instrument accessory Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory Electric blue Plastic

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
Looks good. I like the wide bands, too. I've been experimenting with differnet flatbands this week and width makes a lot of difference in power. Nice!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Daniel, nice slingshot. But I recommend changing the fork attachment. The cable binders are bad for the bands.

Use a thin strip of the same rubber you use for the bands, and wrap it very tightly around the band and fork. Then use pliers to fix it. Much better!

Geko did a video about the method, here:

Jörg

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Hi everybody
I made a new slingshot. I call it the "Speedo". It's constructed with Flatbands ( thickness: 0.5 mm). That is like the Thera-Band silver. The Thera-Band silver has ca. 0.55 mm of thickness. I'm very pleased with the "Speedo". But you have to concentrate you, when you shoot it, because when you don't concentrate you, the ball perhaps hits the fork. I will spray it green later.
View attachment 314
View attachment 315
View attachment 316

hi there, how wide, and long, are those bands? just curious?

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Daniel, that's a real nice slingshot now. Looks pretty powerful too. Nice job.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts