Slingshots Forum banner

New Steel Pretzel Slingshot !

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Chugosh 
#1 ·
I finally got some metal polishing stuff from Home Depot and it actually works! I also bought a new piece of 5/16" rod from them to try it out on and made me a new Pretzel shooter. Here it is: 3 7/16" between centers of ears, 1 3/4" fork height, 6" overall length.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Oh yeah Pelleteer, the pretzels have gotten way out of control out here in Colorado! Especially the older salty ones! I seen one the other day at the mall that must have been at least 10 inches! They were trying to calm it down by putting mustard on it, but I would have just shot it!

#7 ·
Thanks Baumstaam! Get some metal polishing stuff and polish up those rings some more. I just got me some and it works great! I used the black jewelers' rouge to do mine up this morning. I started noticing some rub marks on the rubber right at the spot where it goes around the ring. That mirror shine is needed to make the rubber last longer.

#8 ·
The American "Pretzel" Man strikes again! Very nice Bud! With all that shooting you do with those Pretzels and the high praise you give them, I'll have to give them another all out try. They are kind of small for me but I have other frames that are small. I just have to shoot them for awhile and maybe I'll fall in love with them too! You might make me a convert yet Bud!
Flatband

#9 ·
Thanks guys for the good ribbing ! I do think they are very good slingshots, BUT they aren't made out of maple and you can't burn beautiful art onto them! You CAN put mustard on them though! They don't shoot smooth and sleek like a wooden flat bander either, but something about them makes me really enjoy shooting them.

Attachments

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Gee Whiz guys ! Thank you so much for the compliments ! I have to admit, I was holding my breath with my fingers crossed for a nomination to slingshot of the month!

I wonder sometimes if I should just give up on these pretzels in the face of the beautiful wooden creations shown here. You have encouraged me to keep going with them to get them better yet! I enjoy shooting them so much! The wider fork is very nice to shoot also. It gives a very good view of the target! Thank you again guys!
Primate Gesture Finger Thumb Wrist

Here is another view of it in my hand for better perspective.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.