Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasp's newest molded slingshot model is on their site now.

Picture and specs below shamelessly lifted from the Wasp UK site. I just ordered a couple this morning in purple. It's a short little thing for sure.

https://www.waspslingshots.co.uk/product-page/new-wasp-stinger

Purple Yellow Font Electric blue Art

Wide 24mm - Fork tips allow for wider bands -

86mm Across the fork tips

99mm long overall and a 38mm fork gap.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Thats thing is Sweet! :)

Sent using two thumbs and Tapatalk.

Reactions: Fiveshooter

·
Registered
745 Posts

Almost 1" wide fork tips should make it very versatile. It should be useful from anything to a BB shooter to a full power pocket hunting sling.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts

Almost 1" wide fork tips should make it very versatile. It should be useful from anything to a BB shooter to a full power pocket hunting sling.
Agreed it should be pretty handy, and who can say no do that fly matte purple? Looks quite nice. :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
I saw Dan's vid earlier and I love the look of this. Wish they had a lanyard hole though. I might grab a purple one to match my sparkly Delta Wing, although the price is approaching $40 for shipping to the US and it seems like we still don't have a stateside distributor. $40 is a less competitive price but I'll probably get it anyway at some point :)

·
Registered
745 Posts
I saw Dan's vid earlier and I love the look of this. Wish they had a lanyard hole though. I might grab a purple one to match my sparkly Delta Wing, although the price is approaching $40 for shipping to the US and it seems like we still don't have a stateside distributor. $40 is a less competitive price but I'll probably get it anyway at some point :)
Because of shipping costs to the USA, it's best to wait until you have about 4 or more of something in mind and order all at once. Shipping cost the same for one slingshot as for 6 from Wasp.

I ordered two in purple with an order containing a couple more UniPhoxxs just to average out the shipping. Done that way it just seems more economical on the shipping. I already KNOW I love the UniPhoxx and I am pretty sure I will like these as well. At any rate, two in purple with another clear and another toxic green UniPhoxx will be hitting my door around next Tuesday. It is also possible I will drill a lanyard hole on one Stinger if I feel I need one and also very probable I will do a the small holes in the fork tips so I can attach bands in the same manor as I do for OTT on the UniPhoxx which is with stainless steel Chicago Screw binding posts and a neoprene washer under a nylon washer. The system looks great and it really holds well. I may as well have the same capabilities with the Stinger. It may have 24mm wide forks but I don't see myself using anything over 20mm wide. If I decide to go 24mm wide I can always use wrap & tuck. Wrap and tuck didn't suddenly stop working just because more convenient ways of attachments have became popular in recent years.

For Pro-Shot and Wasp you fine folks across the pond get the price advantage. For Simple Shot and Pocket Predator we get the best prices here in the states. What would be GREAT is a reliable stocking vendor of ALL models on both sides of the pond :)

That's a good business opportunity for anyone who has the cash to set it up on each side of the pond and something we could ALL benefit from so if any body from either / both sides of the pond happens to be setting on a load of cash, help some brothers out here will ya.

Reactions: Alfred E.M.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know I will have a couple soon to try myself but do you have a link to Dan's video?

Reactions: MakoPat

·
Registered
612 Posts
I know I will have a couple soon to try myself but do you have a link to Dan's video?
https://youtu.be/l1Y5xeHX2tc

Not much new info but he shows a few prototype versions which are fun to see.

Buying more than one model from Wasp might make the shipping price more efficient, but I'd still be paying more money rather than less money

I'm curious about the Uniphoxx but I don't like how there aren't any band grooves for OTT so I'm holding off for now.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

Buying more than one model from Wasp might make the shipping price more efficient, but I'd still be paying more money rather than less money

I'm curious about the Uniphoxx but I don't like how there aren't any band grooves for OTT so I'm holding off for now.
Let your horses loose, it has grooves for ott ???? They just dont go all the way around, so you can't see them from certain pics.
The uniphoxx is my designated favourite frame, the frame I practice on, the frame I would compete with, so I am not impartial when I say it's the best ????
It has only one drawback though, at least for my hands, it can't be held in a pinch grip comfortably when shooting ttf. When shooting ott m, pinch grip works fine. Thumb support works wonderfully in either configuration though.

·
Registered
612 Posts

Let your horses loose, it has grooves for ott They just dont go all the way around, so you can't see them from certain pics.
The uniphoxx is my designated favourite frame, the frame I practice on, the frame I would compete with, so I am not impartial when I say it's the best
It has only one drawback though, at least for my hands, it can't be held in a pinch grip comfortably when shooting ttf. When shooting ott m, pinch grip works fine. Thumb support works wonderfully in either configuration though.
Oh nice, thanks for the heads-up!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

The UniPhoxx has OTT grooves on one side only and has proven to be a pain for me with wrap and tuck in OTT configuration. It can be done but I just don't like the difficulty of wrap and tuck OTT on it thus the binding post attachments. It does better with wrap and tuck for TTF as it has groves on both sides. I just like simple and if adding the extra parts for a binding post attachment gets me there it's well worth it to me. The Uniphoxx itself is so cheap you can easily justify the cost of binding posts if you want it for OTT.

·
Premium Member
3,274 Posts
It looks great!

I'm just worried the same thing would occur that happened with the UniPhoxx - It was just a little too small to be really comfortable. (XL hands)

Curious to see the reviews once it hits the mainstream!
I like the small frames. But I have tiny hands. I like M. Mo's Phatty accomodation for small frames and my sometimes weak grip.
The "bulb" handle could be a big game changer. Purple frame and TBG bands are my local college team colors. TTU Golden Eagles... but alas, no slingshot team.

·
Super Moderator
6,191 Posts
I like tiny frames - lanyard hole is a biggie though... Its a very nice looking frame though.
If I grab one I'll do an Alfred-esque lanyard using a constrictor knot around the waist of the handle.
I think if you're casting a frame not adding it is a design flaw. Esp. on a small potentially full-powered & slippery frame...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts