Slingshots Forum banner

New to forum

2K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  hoggy 
#1 ·
My name is Si Korte (78) in Kansas City. I go by whisperbow because I am a traditional bow hunter and make my own bows. Getting involved with slingshots to shoot squirrels while setting in my stand. I have one quick question-who has used a Terlium laser slingshot? Thanks and I look forward to reading about slingshot humting.
Si

#6 · (Edited)
I have spent the last year and a half trying to learn about making traditional bows- it has been a rewarding and challenging way to pass a lot of time along with the slingshots.

I would love to hear a bit about your bow making. All traditional or adding fiberglass? Starting with staves or boards, etc? My adventure with bows so far has been with boards and recently extended to bi-lams with a couple attempts at hickory backed maple bows. I am a bit limited on variety of available wood down here.

Anyways, welcome and hope you enjoy!

#11 ·
I have been making bows for over 20 years and would have started before then when I was a kid on the farm but there were no books for wood bows. I have made all types of bows and repaired many bows i bought on Ebay then sold. My favorite woods are Osage orange and yew plus I have experimented with other woods. I have also made different laminated (wood& glass) bows. I have different molds like one to make a Black Widow takedown. I am retired and 78, still making bows and hunting with them. Attached are photos of my man cave showing some of my bows. Thanks for asking.
Si

Attachments

#13 ·
🌞 Welcome 🌞
The Terlium looks like garbage to me, I found a good video review on it.
Basically a good reminder for me is that shooting a slingshot is not Rocket Science.
The Lazer looks cool but with all of the movement in your arms, wind, ammo, etc... it's just a gimmic that won't last. There's a lot of guys here on this forum that make and sell the best slingshots that you can buy, I would stick with the sellers that we have on here.

#14 ·
Welcome si, beautiful bows. If I were you, I would skip the laser and instead, make your own slingshots. Many good builders on this site, and some who are willing to share their templates. Find some templates you like the look of, and make your own! They will likely shoot better than anything you could buy, and through the process, you will get to try lots of different slingshots.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.