Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off i wanna say hello to all on this forum. earlier this week i was bored and decided to take out a couple of my old slingshots that ive had laying around and decided to go out and shoot some paintballs. i was quickly remnded of the first ever so-called slingshot i ever had, it was the toy plastic one that had 4 or 5 lil parachute figures that you would shoot up into the air and sadly enough, would just see drift off in the breeze to never be seen again. anyways, i came across youtube videos of mxred1 and joerg sprave. after watching the vids i said to myself " i can make one of those simple "Y" slingshots". them two have rekindled my childhood love for the slingshot. i had a look around and found a assortment bag of rubber bands from harbor freight, and decided to geve it a shot of at least making a simple one. then today i found a decent piece of wood and came home and took out the rubber bands and my dremel and some shoe laces that i was never going to use and heres what i made:

for woodworking rubber bands they work pretty good. has an easy pull and its easily more suited for a kid than an adult, but i dont care, its my first attempt. i hope to make more and i just know that my welding background is gonna come in handy. thanks for looking and i look forward to commenting on here and hopefully getting to know some of the people on here.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Well done, and Welcome!!!! Glad you decided to join the fun!!!

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Great start, welcome to the forum, you will find all the info you need here on your voyage back to your childhood.
Philly

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not even a year yet, and ive come a long way. thanks to this forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.