Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you are in to making board cut slingshots dremel has a new multi-tool called the dremel trio . It,s a spiral saw up can plunge cut , sand an router with one tool google dremel trio and watch from videos. price is $ 100.00 . Sure looks like a great tool for slings.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
think I'm getting one for Xmas, so we'll see.

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Thanks! That's a good idea. I already have a Dremel, Dremel router table and some spiral bits so I might use those for tight inside radii and plunge cuts that would require set up time on the scroll saw.

As a router, a Dremel or clone is very lacking. Their router bits are very poor dulling fast, having an insufficient cutting radius and the machine has low torque. I just burn, chip and skip over the edge. Even in very soft woods.

For the scroll saw, I like the look of the "16472 Carbide-Coated Scroll Saw Blade" which might be the tool for cutting G10. I'm not sure how to use them though. My scroll saw is not set up for wet cutting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.