Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whew!
That's quite a haul!
That fancy paint and elaborate casting makes me think of an old Bridgeport!
As my old instructor would say鈥︹漷here鈥檚 some good lumber in those machines鈥 These mills were built in the early 40鈥檚 and have tags saying there approved by the US board for war. So they worked through ww2 then I got them from a gentleman that used them full time for the entirety of his career as a machinist, now I got them for a another life! Imagine the stuff that was made on these machines!!! And now they still are completely original and just as tight and smooth as the day they were built. Find me a mill nowadays that will last more than 10 years.

Ray Rowden
As my old instructor would say鈥︹漷here鈥檚 some good lumber in those machines鈥 These mills were built in the early 40鈥檚 and have tags saying there approved by the US board for war. So they worked through ww2 then I got them from a gentleman that used them full time for the entirety of his career as a machinist, now I got them for a another life! Imagine the stuff that was made on these machines!!! And now they still are completely original and just as tight and smooth as the day they were built. Find me a mill nowadays that will last more than 10 years.
I'd say they're in good hands now!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool acquisition Shane !

I am not sure if any of us have ever asked, but do you work for the machine shop or do you own it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
Thanks buddy! Well鈥.both. I am the head machinist at the big machine shop I work for 8 to 5, but I own my own small machine shop out of my house that I work from 4:30 am to 7:30 am then 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm every day lol.

Registered
We had an awesome old lathe and a big brute of a drill press . They got rid of it because said was unsafe and bought new stuff and it鈥檚 just junk . Wish I had the press 馃ゲ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts