Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
"Mighty Can Smiter"
4,250 Posts
So the DD Is the loop and the yellow is the str8? And what helped you determine which to use as the loop? I think the stronger should be looped... At least from my findings.

Toddy's string idea is genious!

LGD

·
"Mighty Can Smiter"
4,250 Posts
So the DD Is the loop and the yellow is the str8? And what helped you determine which to use as the loop? I think the stronger should be looped... At least from my findings.
LGD
If I'm not mistaken, they join the tubes straight without a loop. I guess the stronger (green) will be at the forks and the yellow at the pouch.
Judging by toddy's post in the linked thread ( post 3). It is looped, but I could be mistaken too.

·
"Mighty Can Smiter"
4,250 Posts
LGD
If I'm not mistaken, they join the tubes straight without a loop. I guess the stronger (green) will be at the forks and the yellow at the pouch.
Judging by toddy's post in the linked thread ( post 3). It is looped, but I could be mistaken too.
Duckman, as I explained above, we are now doing this without any loops. The reference was only to illustrate the knotted string. Davesteve has it right. Give it a shot. I think the red and yellow combo sounds workable. There needs to be lots of experimenting as to combos and the right ratios to use. For example, I used equal lengths of the tubes mentioned at first and that was too soft-shooting. But once I shortened the yellow it was gangbusters, tossing the half-inch steel downrange at a real good rate.
This approach was suggested by Toddy, and I think we can all have much fun with this.
Thanks, I just had a another durp. :). Reread your post and see without loop plain as day :O

I am still working with 2040 and 1745 combos, but put that experiment in the back burner,,, I have been sticking with zip tie after wedging one tube into the other and found them to work fine.... I will keep the string method in mind when I get my dud orange, I have other latex to merry them up with.

LGD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.