Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a year late! Trying to organize a little group up here in NY but finding it a little difficult.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'm a year late! Trying to organize a little group up here in NY but finding it a little difficult.
Yeah If I am there I would be in .I lived in Brooklyn and I shot my slingshot on the roof only that was the only place.Anyway I do the same here lol.
Keep it up.

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
Jersey City (AKA little Brooklyn) boy here. Not NY but real close by
. What are you getting together? Hey Brooklyn, know what you mean about shooting on the roof. Everyone watches everything around here. You gotta be real careful where you shoot. Flatband

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
It's stopping the shot from leaving the roof that's the challenge. I wonder what the terminal velocity of a 16mm lead ball is?

·
Registered
691 Posts
My house was next to a subway station so I didn't realy bother to stop the shots and I used marbles back then.I wasn't a regular shooter cause of the place.( I took attention not to harm anybody!!!)
Here in London I still got to shoot on roof only lol.I used to go to park, but now warm weather manny people are ther so I got back on the roof thing with proper catch box no worries here and more comfortable.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
I am supposing you be speaking of flat roofs no slope. Catch box good idea. I use Beeman Pellet Trap with a Kennedy Half Dollar for Target. I like shooting with white glass and marbles. One thing shooting here you have to be a little on the quite side the neighbors watch everything and they will take no thought to cap you.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I am supposing you be speaking of flat roofs no slope. Catch box good idea. I use Beeman Pellet Trap with a Kennedy Half Dollar for Target. I like shooting with white glass and marbles. One thing shooting here you have to be a little on the quite side the neighbors watch everything and they will take no thought to cap you.
Yeah flat roof. From how far do you shoot the half dollar?My target is only coke cans from 9-10 meters.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Yeah flat roof. From how far do you shoot the half dollar?My target is only coke cans from 9-10 meters.
[/quote]

I like to bang the half dollar from 30 feet. Putting a sticky orange target cross hair gives me a little more to focus on. There are times when I will move the trap out to 50 feet when I am shooting with twin flat bands ( Xpress ) they really knock the snot out of it. The Kennedy Half Dollar has endured many thousands of 3/8 steel ball, marbles and white shot. A cheap durable target. I drilled two 1/8 inch holes and cement wire ties to hold it. If you line all the interior of the trap the shot will be under control.

·
Registered
691 Posts
[/quote]

I like to bang the half dollar from 30 feet. Putting a sticky orange target cross hair gives me a little more to focus on. There are times when I will move the trap out to 50 feet when I am shooting with twin flat bands ( Xpress ) they really knock the snot out of it. The Kennedy Half Dollar has endured many thousands of 3/8 steel ball, marbles and white shot. A cheap durable target. I drilled two 1/8 inch holes and cement wire ties to hold it. If you line all the interior of the trap the shot will be under control.
[/quote]

You are a good shooter I would not even think about shooting a target that small.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts