Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

seeing the first class videos of Joerg Sprave about slingshots at youtube is what brought me here. My name is Thomas and I'm novice when it comes to powerful slingshots so for the first while I'll just be lurking and taken in information. Fortunately enough I've access to a metalworking shop with welding equipment so I will start making a slingshot right away.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Welcome and be sure and take a lot of pictures!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Just shot me 2,5 m red Theraband on ebay. As it is in the midrange of strenght I thought it might be a good starting point for me as a beginner to slingshots. Figure I should first learn how to hit a target with consistency than I can always double up the number of bands or change to a stronger one. As you see I'm going for a flatband design.

And I'm a keen watcher of youtube videos on slingshots to watch for different slingshot designs as well as how to target. This Rufus guy from the Carolinas I think really got my attention he is just an awesome slingshot marksmen. I'll be a happy camper if I could get to hit a soda can from say about 20 feet away.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Greetings and welcome. Good plan you have there. Power`s no use if you miss what your aiming at.

Chuff.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
It is true, your approach is 100% correct. Red Theraband is good stuff, you can still use additional layers if you want more power. Hoewever, do use a roll cutter! The thin bands need perfect cuts, which aren't possible with a conventional knife.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts