Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’m Caio and it’s great to be here. As a kid I used to make my own slingshots but haven’t shot one in years. I’ve just ordered a Scout clone to get started. My next search is for a decent ammo bag and some ammo that won’t break the bank. Any advice on all of the above is welcome. I’m also interested in used gear as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m just a couple miles from the river. A little fishing, a little ammo collecting doesn’t seem like a bad combination. I’ll give it a try when my slingshot gets here.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm just a couple miles from the river. A little fishing, a little ammo collecting doesn't seem like a bad combination. I'll give it a try when my slingshot gets here.
If only I didn't live in the city ????. I would totally collect rocks from lakes as they should be rounded from the water. Let me know how they look when you get any!

·
Super Moderator
6,539 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Flatband. It’s nice to be here and hopefully meet some nice folks and share some ideas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The cheapest I found 3/8” steel balls were Walmart or Amazon. They’re about 2 cents apiece if you order 1000 of them. If you know of someplace cheaper I’m all ears.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a better deal for you StringSlap, Amazon and Walmart have 500 rounds of 3/8 steel for $10.99. And that’s plus shipping. If you order 1000 rounds for $19.99 on Walmart.com you can pick it up at the store for free. Not necessarily all stores, but the one near me will.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Remember to-wear safety glasses when shooting the Chinese clone.
Yes! And I would not start out shooting rocks as someone suggested, if I had not shot in quite a while. I would definitely watch the videos that Charles posted on how to avoid hand and fork hits. You need bands and pouches that are designed to shoot rocks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts