Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had my 2 new slingshots for about 5 days now and have tried a few different types of ammo (clay, steel, and buckshot). After a short while I was able to hit the towel target regularly…and then added a plastic cup. Surprisingly, I hit that as well but only about half the time. My wisdoman, which came with 2 sets of tubes, was more powerful than the tongtu, but after about 30 shots, one of the tubes failed at the pouch. The second tube set failed also after about 50 shots. I have 2 new sets on order. The Tongtu (flat bands) was fine but the handle was very small so it did not fit well in my hand. I have a few new toys on order, the scout and the hathcock target sniper. Should get here next week some time. Meanwhile, I'm learning lots and enjoying this new hobby.

I just came across a youtube that shows a slingshot tournament. It was in PA last June. Do these occur on a regular basis…how can one find out where & when ? Not that I could see myself entering, but would like to attend and maybe get to meet some folks with similar interest.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
So, I've had my 2 new slingshots for about 5 days now and have tried a few different types of ammo (clay, steel, and buckshot). After a short while I was able to hit the towel target regularly…and then added a plastic cup. Surprisingly, I hit that as well but only about half the time. My wisdoman, which came with 2 sets of tubes, was more powerful than the tongtu, but after about 30 shots, one of the tubes failed at the pouch. The second tube set failed also after about 50 shots. I have 2 new sets on order. The Tongtu (flat bands) was fine but the handle was very small so it did not fit well in my hand. I have a few new toys on order, the scout and the hathcock target sniper. Should get here next week some time. Meanwhile, I'm learning lots and enjoying this new hobby. [/size]
I just came across a youtube that shows a slingshot tournament. It was in PA last June. Do these occur on a regular basis…how can one find out where & when ? Not that I could see myself entering, but would like to attend and maybe get to meet some folks with similar interest.

I am not familiar with the slingshots you mentioned but if your ammo is too light for your bands or tubes they will fail prematurely.

As far as the slingshot tournaments, the one in Pennsylvania is held every June and there is one in Alabama in September. There are a couple of others like the Swamp Stomp but I don't know when they are held. You will hear about them on the forum under the regional events section.

If you attend a tournament you have to compete - it is not mandatory but will be glad you did. All skill levels compete. Trust me you will not feel embarrassed no matter what position you finish in and you just might surprise youself.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
I have been wondering about the shooters you mentioned too. As for tournaments? If you don't shoot as well as others, EVERYONE will offer advice if you ask. No one will want to jump in and ,"Tell you How To Shoot RIGHT!'' But you will be standing right in the middle of lot of help and it is easier to understand it when you can see it. :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
930 Posts
ECST, MWST and other tournaments and gatherings are organized frequently. Many of these are posted here. If you keep an eye on the forum you will see the upcoming or resurrected threads.

I'm in Europe, but what I've seen through the years the atmosphere is welcoming and friendly. The challenges, tracks are well designed and exciting to shoot. Most who attended gained a lot of knowledge and made friends.

Some pictures are available here and there, but many of the shooters are there for having fun, instead of constantly recording and posting. Also few of them just too busy to post here all the time. So it is a great opportunity to meet them in person and have a chat.

If you like enjoy a good company and laughter you may plan a trip.

You may also consider to join the ISCOR slingshot ranking site run by pro shooters. Look for Mike Meuli and you will find some online challenges to begin with. It is a good system that helps a lot motivating folks to set up a nice range and get used to competition pressure by some self-recording.

Have a great weekend,

Tremo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts