Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,537 Posts
Apologies for the newbie question.

If I want to use thera bands for my slingshot rubber should I get the flat rubber bands (15cm wide?) or the tubular rubber ? Are there benefits / weaknesses to one or the other?
Similarly what colour should I get ?

http://physio2go.com...e-exercise-band

I've seen one authority that uses only as far as blue thera bands and he's very probably much stronger than I am (perhaps no mystery who that is
).
Is that because anything else doesn't elongate enough or because it's too hard to pull?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Mike

· Registered
4,537 Posts
Whoops, accidentally added reply before my suggestion.

As far as Thera goes, with tubes or bands, I recommend the bands because of the easier draw with the speed of a quick band. My favorites are the blue and gold. I can't say how you will feel pulling them for practice but I like both. Blue for me is a great practice band. I do wood flooring for work, so I am physically active with good muscle tone. Even my toned muscles took some days to get used to the way the muscles were worked. In the end, what is nice on the blue, is 2 7/8 wide at the fork and 2 1/8 at the pouch by 9 to 9 1/2 long. The length is relative your draw. I am 5'9' and either length will suit you if you are about my height. Of course you can play with the dimensions.

For the thera gold, I really like 3/4 at the fork 1/2 (3 to 2 ratio), at the pouch, 2 bands per side. I am not a hunter so these are for target shooting.

I think you will find both of these a good place to start and alter as to what you feel is good for you.

Another plus if you use my dimensions with the thera as I got it at 5 1/2 wide in bulk is that cutting it in those dimension gives you "waste" that is perfect for making thin strips to use for tying the band to the fork. To tired to accurately explain how to get the cuts to end up with the thin "waste".

If you are concerned that you may not have as much strength (or more) for pulling you should be able to accommodate that with the altering the widths as I mentioned, of these two colors.

From a relative newbie to another,

Ray

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.