Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of the fun on this slingadventure is to handle and shoot anything I can.
I have learned a mess of things here on the forum, but this newest epiphany is unique to my memory.
When I am shooting this indestructable piece of a beast I only think about what is downrange. I have a zero tolerance forkhit policy around here. With so little to hit, and that part being hard steel I just don't have a worry about it ever. I've got a JD Sharpshooter bent steel rod ttf on my Christmas list for the same reason.

Just Shoot It!!
Moses
a1f15cfd480c4e42ed99c41f20914381.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Many noobz have a hard time with round-tops because they won't take the time to learn the technique for shooting them.
If you just hold the frame out in front of you in shooting position and draw the bands back they tend to go every which way, which makes guys say "tubes suck" and move on to something easier to understand.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I have learned a mess of things here on the forum, but this newest epiphany is unique to my memory.
When I am shooting this indestructable piece of a beast I only think about what is downrange. I have a zero tolerance forkhit policy around here. With so little to hit, and that part being hard steel I just don't have a worry about it ever. I've got a JD Sharpshooter bent steel rod ttf on my Christmas list for the same reason.

Just Shoot It!!
Moses

I think you are going to really like a forged frame from SharpShooter JD! I got one recently and liked it so much I am getting a 2nd one made up! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a familiar tale. I think I wrote that of the Torque! And I believe you wrote that I needed to practice more, because it wasn't the tubes!
Many noobz have a hard time with round-tops because they won't take the time to learn the technique for shooting them.
If you just hold the frame out in front of you in shooting position and draw the bands back they tend to go every which way, which makes guys say "tubes suck" and move on to something easier to understand.

·
Serial Forum Quitter
1,119 Posts

Just Shoot It!!
Moses

I gotta couple of those frames from large to mini I use rubber plugs on em so I can shoot single tubes and flats but I'm more into PFS frames .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts