Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its been almost 2 weeks now since I started this new hobby and I've learned a lot and have had fun while learning. I started with 2 slingshots that I got off amazon..the wisdoman ( triple tube) and the tongtu (flat band). I've since ordered a few more which have all arrived and I'm getting used to each. I now know the meaning of TTF and OTT and have learned how to tie bandsets on. Bought a catchbox and can actually hit it….the box, not the little target yet.

I've been spending most of my free time watching u tube videos on the various aspects of this hobby. There is a lot to learn….and as far as getting better and hitting what I'm aiming at…I suspect that that will improve as well. I belong to the YMCA and have drummed up a bit of interest with some Y buddies and we had a fun time shooting my new toys. the new arrivals include the Hathcock spider, simple shot scout, and the gamekeeper PPMG+. I like all 5 of them…havent found a favorite yet. I still need to adjust the handsets and experiment with draw lengths, and tie-ing bands. Lots of fun ahead….

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sounds like you're well on your way. Good luck keeping your buddies interested. That's the biggest challenge!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow, jumping to the PPMG+ already! Nice collection you have going!
yeah...it has a great feel to it....so comfortable in your hand. I'm having trouble attaching bands...one has come off this afternoon....but I believe that is my inexperience. the good news is I usually learn from my mistakes...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts