Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I'm preaching to the choir, here, but I have been having so much fun. I've been shooting every chance I get and learning so much about the process and the materials.

I thought I had my anchor point situation sorted out, then decided to expand my horizon by drawing back more. Whoa!

Bands are my next major study. I thought I hated this band and loved that band. Learned that on a different sling, I love the band I once hated.

I'm up to three slings in the stable. I have a GZK Hammer that I got by mistake. Still learning that one. I have a SimpleShot Scout LT that I love. Newest is a GZK Improved G-Shot that is maybe my favorite. I'd say it's close, but more research needs to be done!! I'm tempted to get an Ocularis, but I'd also like one from Pocket Predator. Thinking that pretty soon, I'll be attempting a self built.

I have a pretty decent place to shoot at work. It's nearby an unauthorized household dump, so something of a target rich environment. I have a huge chunk of concrete for a backstop. Yes, I know about RTS. I have a piece of carpet I lop over it, then lean an upside down plastic chair against it to hold my targets. My favorites are some small bits of tile. Between the chair and the piece of carpet, I can collect most of my ammo for another time. When I'm through, I toss the stuff to the side randomly, kind of how I found it. This means that nobody is the wiser.

I still haven't told mama. I "come out of the closet" Christmas morning. Santa brought me a box of slingshot stuff! I don't think she'll be horribly surprised. She has to have seen all the slingshot vids on my YouTube feed.

Fun stuff and so much more to come! Merry Christmas, everyone!

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
That's great! I found out secondhand that my wife was digging my slingshots! Then of course there was the day I locked myself out of the truck while shooting at my 'secret spot'. Good luck with your reveal!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
You got the bug, for sure! I'm forced to shoot in the basement due to winter but that just makes spring that much more enjoyable!
I keep eyeing the gym at church. What a great place to shoot. Bet it would sound cool, too!
Once you gain more confidence in shooting and building, Church is a great venue for promoting the sport. A gym is a great place to set up training/competition sessions.

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
I love it, man. You are one of us now.

Keep an electronic pic/notes for your trip. You will love looking at your progress. Include target pics.

Reactions: MarkB

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You got the bug, for sure! I'm forced to shoot in the basement due to winter but that just makes spring that much more enjoyable!
I keep eyeing the gym at church. What a great place to shoot. Bet it would sound cool, too!
Great place to introduce others to the sport. When shooting inside, consider clay ammo. We are currently talking to the archery club coaches at the school where we volunteer to add a slingshot component. The school has an excellent woodworking shop and the lead coach is the shop teacher. Hopefully we will be making slingshots as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, the Christmas morning "reveal" went well. Mama said I'm weird. Well, maybe so, but she married me! So, between showers, I went out in my shooting alley and played a little on Christmas day. It was pretty fun! Mama showed a little interest in the slingshot. She still doesn't know there are two more, though. :naughty:

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts