Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm spankin new to adult slingshots. Be into Trad archery for years and it seems natural to shoot slingshots. My intrest began when I saw pigs being hunted and killed with a slingshot. I've GOTTA do it! In my mind, I am thinking about a brace slingshot that will pull greater than 50lbs at full draw. I don't know if that if heavy or light for SS. I don't even know how ya'll quantify such things. I also would like to have a served peice of bow string in place of a pouch. How would one attach this to the bands? Maybe a loop so i can use a release. I am thinking about a wisker bisket type rest mounted at the handle or something drop away. Thoughts?
What are the Pros/cons to flat bands?
What SS should I be looking at?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Flat bands are much faster and can be much harder to pull back than tubes. They seem to have a slightly shorter life span. My understanding is that thera-band gold is the best at the moment. I personally dont like the brace kind of slingshots imo.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
If you're looking for something with power I'ld look at A+ and Hunter Catapults but use double Thera Gold and are about as powerful as you can get...The most told story is that flatbands are faster with a somewhat shorter life, tubes are slower but last longer (there are those who will disagree I'm sure)

I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with wrist brace models since they are illegal in my neck of the woods but I'm sure someone here can fill you in..

Just a thought if you're new to slingshots you might want to start out with lighter bands till you get the mechanics down.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I don't see why you can't put flatbands on a wrist brace, or a wrist brace on a flip shooter.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
you can put flatbands on a wrist brace..Saunders has one ...
I would think that a wrist brace would be difficult to flip with..but who knows

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey surfnturf,i tried the slingbow thing,i didn't like it. i'd pack some back up if was gonna hunt hogs with one.as for draw wt. 50lbs is heavy for a slingshot,so you can handle any band set these venders sell easy.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
Slingshot and bands will will be a matter of preference for hunting larger game I think I would use something more like a starship now a lot of the members on the forum will say the longer you extend the forks the harder it is to control but I found a designed called the sling gun as I don't make much money and the sling gun cost allot I made a prototype with a 16 inch fork extension that is very steady and accurate with a few mods it could shot arrows and would have more power for hunting larger game.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Slingshot and bands will will be a matter of preference for hunting larger game I think I would use something more like a starship now a lot of the members on the forum will say the longer you extend the forks the harder it is to control but I found a designed called the sling gun as I don't make much money and the sling gun cost allot I made a prototype with a 16 inch fork extension that is very steady and accurate with a few mods it could shot arrows and would have more power for hunting larger game.
Woww 16 inches extension sounds great. Can you post a picture maybee?
Cheres

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Hi, I recommend you watch all the videos on Jorg sprave's channel on youtube, he does experiments with all these things; I also suggest you look at Dave Canterbury's channel (wildernessoutfitters) for me, this is the best arrow shooter, as it is the simplest and easiest to replicate. And as a side note, I put flat-bands on my friends Black-Widow (not the spider) and he thinks they're just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts