Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a flatband shooter, however, I decided to give tubes a fair shot. There is a curve to the rubber tubes from being coiled up. Does it matter which way the rubber tubing is curved at the pouch, and at the forks? Last questions are, how long should I make the tube protectors, and does it matter if the tube protectors are an even length.

I'm not going to lie, and say "asking for a friend," I"m legit asking for myself :D

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
This is good to know! I just bought some new tubing and was wondering the same thing. I'll piggyback on your question and ask another: What do you all use to tie pseudo-looped tubes? I set some up on a frame using waxed thread (super durable and a little sticky), but while using it my loops kept sliding closer to my frame. The result is I now have single tubes about an inch longer than when I started out. Do people normally use rubber to tie the tubes? Or was my constrictor knot too loose?

Reactions: MakoPat and Tag

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
This is good to know! I just bought some new tubing and was wondering the same thing. I'll piggyback on your question and ask another: What do you all use to tie pseudo-looped tubes? I set some up on a frame using waxed thread (super durable and a little sticky), but while using it my loops kept sliding closer to my frame. The result is I now have single tubes about an inch longer than when I started out. Do people normally use rubber to tie the tubes? Or was my constrictor knot too loose?
MLI - same experience here. I tied some pseudo tapers using a constrictor knot made from bowstring thread. I started w/ 4 inch loops and they both slipped 2 inches. I have shot them a fair amount and practiced drawing as well and no additional slippage. I will try some other tying methods and report my results.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Sounds good guys! I'll give it a shot.

Reactions: Tag
1 - 12 of 12 Posts