Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Roy, 45, from Lebanon Pennsylvania USA. I used a slingshot to hunt small game when I was a kid growing up in Florida. I also used a low poundage bow and a pellet rifle. I developed a love for the woods because of my dads fascination with the native Americans.

I've always been interested in hiking and camping, and have done a little hunting and fishing. But since returning from Iraq my interest in survivalist stuff has lead me making a small survivalist kit for hiking, and I have been exploring adding a slingshot.

My interest with slingshots has also re-awakened my love of bows, but with the present economic crisis I'm not in a position to spend money on a decent recurve or long bow. I have been reading Saxton Popes book on bow hunting, anyone have a cured yew stave laying around?

I bought a Marksman slingshot, and after a little over 100 shots, the pouch has ripped, very disappointing. I have a Pangzi slingshot on order. I'm here to learn more about optimizing my slingshot to hunt with. I'm also not opposed to chatting about archery.

MadDelver

PS~ Also interested in Geocaching, anthropology and mythology.

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
Welcome to the forum Roy,

"I'm here to learn more about optimizing my slingshot to hunt with"

Your at the correct place....

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Wonderful.... Welcome to the forum!!! Great intro. I'm sure you will find you have much in common with a lot of us.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I have just rediscovered the joy of slingshots I'm currently using a dankung cougar after using a couple of homemade forks, i find that thera band blue splits too quickly so I've made a rig that allows me to use barnett bands in the over the top style they seem to work pretty well can anyone tell me what kind of power (fps) i can expect from this set up ?

·
Super Moderator
6,514 Posts
Welcome aboard Roy and the 'Dude"! I also have a lot of hobbies too Roy! Dude ,as far as the barnett tubes with the Cougar,if you want real nice tubes go with the Trumark RRT's. They'll give more speed then those heavy ,thick Barnett tubes unless you're shooting .45 caliber lead or heavier. Have fun guys! Flatband

1 - 10 of 10 Posts