Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
A custom Mule made by Dan Hood. G10 with orange spacers. Set up to shoot Looped tubes. Beautiful.
dc2a40fc7b2cd6beda0893f3de301fff.jpg
cdf1e1b916f85a3b1b9c798320034f13.jpg
762dc2f779878b47da37b0296a7c288d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Perfect! Any chance he made two..??!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
No was requested by me the design for looped tubes. The black G10 and the orange spacers. Wanted it to look like this one. But if you contact Dan I'm sure he will make you whatever you want.
0cca76241da80ea4b77b4ca7eb48e519.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
CJW - Glad she got there safely, you like it and she shoots well. Enjoy and I hope she lasts forever.

Thanks for all the compliments folks, especially CJW who continues to order new shooters and is willing to talk slingshots on the telephone.

Mojave - one thing you will notice is that I never make a second of anything I make for Chris except the very first one he bought (since I had already made three by then of that one). My video also shows that this one was a mental game for me. For some reason I really struggled finding the inspiration to build this one specifically. It is probably because I miss Toddy on the forums/Facebook, the original designer.

·
Mojave Mo
5,165 Posts
CJW - Glad she got there safely, you like it and she shoots well. Enjoy and I hope she lasts forever.

Thanks for all the compliments folks, especially CJW who continues to order new shooters and is willing to talk slingshots on the telephone.

Mojave - one thing you will notice is that I never make a second of anything I make for Chris except the very first one he bought (since I had already made three by then of that one). My video also shows that this one was a mental game for me. For some reason I really struggled finding the inspiration to build this one specifically. It is probably because I miss Toddy on the forums/Facebook, the original designer.
Respect!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,268 Posts

Hey Dan, I just love what you did with the build and the way you shaped it while respecting the original design. I have always admired the comfortable looking shapes of your builds. I never really enjoy shooting blocky frames. Anyway, I am just a little curious from a design perspective and I would like to ask if might be better to place the slots on the inside instead, completely out of the way from any contact with the fingers in the manner the SS Deadringer has it? Is there any disadvantage to doing it that way? I don't really shoot tubes much so I wouldn't know if there are any particular idiosyncrasies for tube shooting preferences...

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,404 Posts
[quote name="andypandy1" post="1327452" timestamp="1563598826"]Saw his vid, big fan of dans work. Great piece to add to your collection. Congrats[/quote
Agreed, I've got 2 of Dan's customs, and love them.
His work is top shelf for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts

Hey Dan, I just love what you did with the build and the way you shaped it while respecting the original design. I have always admired the comfortable looking shapes of your builds. I never really enjoy shooting blocky frames. Anyway, I am just a little curious from a design perspective and I would like to ask if might be better to place the slots on the inside instead, completely out of the way from any contact with the fingers in the manner the SS Deadringer has it? Is there any disadvantage to doing it that way? I don't really shoot tubes much so I wouldn't know if there are any particular idiosyncrasies for tube shooting preferences...
I asked for the tube slots on the outside.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts