Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen that vid ... really can't call it card cutting - doesn't seem to split in two or even tear. He does hit the card out of it's trajectory which is no less awesome. :bowdown:
True... I think he does tears the card a bit and I am hoping that one day, we'll see someone cut a card clean in the air!

·
Premium Member
9,597 Posts
He makes it look so darned easy! " no big deal, I'm just going to throw this card, load my pouch, draw, and shoot it right out of the air"
How much do you have to practice to do that??

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Hmmmmm.... Can't believe how fast he can load that sling, pull up and shoot. To me that is the hard part. If you notice, he spins the card out there, and while he is loading ect, the card catches the air and turns laterally facing him. Now he is just shooting a standard card moving to his left.
We got guys on this forum that could make that shot all afternoon.

·
aka CYBORG
1,996 Posts
That's top tier accuracy on a moving target. His hand-mind intersecting radar is beautiful to watch.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmmmmm.... Can't believe how fast he can load that sling, pull up and shoot. To me that is the hard part. If you notice, he spins the card out there, and while he is loading ect, the card catches the air and turns laterally facing him. Now he is just shooting a standard card moving to his left.
We got guys on this forum that could make that shot all afternoon.
I think we should nominate our guys to take up the flying card challenge... bonus bragging rights if card is actually cut mid-air!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The tough part is actually throwing the card smoothly like he did ????

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
The tough part is actually throwing the card smoothly like he did
Skropi...
If I had a guy standing behind something so he wouldn't get hit. Have him spin card out so it crossed with the face showing. I think even I after shooting shotguns most of my life could hit that card. It would take some time to figure out how much to lead it, but after that, piece of cake.The amazing thing he did IMO, was to spin it out there, load and shoot in one motion.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
The tough part is actually throwing the card smoothly like he did
Skropi...
If I had a guy standing behind something so he wouldn't get hit. Have him spin card out so it crossed with the face showing. I think even I after shooting shotguns most of my life could hit that card. It would take some time to figure out how much to lead it, but after that, piece of cake.The amazing thing he did IMO, was to spin it out there, load and shoot in one motion.
I totally agree! The impressive feat is not the accuracy, but everything else really. Impressive anyway you see it!

·
aka CYBORG
1,996 Posts
The pouch was loaded with ammo pre-positioned - he frisbeed the card, raised his rig and released intuitively. For me, his accuracy is the biggest accomplishment.

Reactions: SonoftheRepublic

·
aka CYBORG
1,996 Posts
The pouch was loaded with ammo pre-positioned - he frisbeed the card, raised his rig and released intuitively. For me, his accuracy is the biggest accomplishment.
... and I like the follow thru of the release arm, the whole shot is an Aikido move.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts