Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Hello to the Slingshot Forum!

Tonight I present to you all a marvelous work of art. A slingshot so beautiful it took my breath away.

A casual trade was arranged between Quarterinmynose and myself. Fresh new caddy for a fresh new caddy. Pretty simple. I told QIMN, no stress, no rush... etc. In around 20 days he mails his and I mail mine a couple days later....

His slingshot arrived today!
I open the package and was stunned. I said some cursewords too. Things like holy f*** this is f****** awesome!
I can't believe I am now the owner of this work of art. The slingshot I sent QIMN is not worthy!
(You should get mine by Sat. QIMN! )

THE SLINGSHOT:

It is a combo of buckeye burl (gorgeous galaxy looking wood), wenge, canarywood forks and a burl/wenge horizontal stack laminate palm/fingerswell with ebony spacer.
Then reverse side is verticle laminates of wenge, canarywood and paduak. The core of the slingshot is yellowheart and balticbirch. It is finished with many coats of CA glue. And is so freakin' shiny I can see myself in it! There is not ONE tool mark on this slingshot. Not ONE scratch. It came banded with TBG AND a super sure pouch!!!! What a guy! I have put 3 accurate shots through it and then had to have a photo session! I will now let the pictures I took speak for themselves....
Wood Lighting Architecture Sculpture Line Wood Sculpture Art Musical instrument String instrument Blue Azure Wood Paint Art Amber Clock Wood Composite material Metal Wood Musical instrument Tints and shades Natural material Wine bottle Hand Green Finger Thumb Nail

There are not enough words to praise QIMN for the craftsmanship and effort he put into this trade. Which PS was his first ever! I will treasure this slingshot and can honestly say on this trade, I am the big winner! This guy knows how to work some wood!
Thanks Chad.

Brandon/Btoon

Attachments

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its insane. It's so good it made me mad for a second
then I remembered HEY I GET TO KEEP THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! By this rate of works and craftmanship, i dont know where this forum is gonna end...perhaps only in Mars. Brilliant!!

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
That is a very beautiful slingshot! -- Tex

·
Super Moderator
6,633 Posts
Something about that North Carolina State! Not only the furniture capital of the U.S but it looks like they breed top shelf slingshot craftsmen too! Hey Quarter,you aced that frame Bud! That is a salad of exotic wood blended to perfection. SO COOL!!!! Flatband

·
Premium Member
3,686 Posts
Outstanding. The craftsmanship is impeccable. Quarterinmynose put much effort into that peice of excellence. And that effort shows in the final product. The buckeye burl changing colors under certain light? That is really something. Well done.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Wow! Such a gorgeous piece of work. . . Great trade and what a treasure that piece is!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts