Slingshots Forum banner

Nitrous cold brew coffee

530 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Tag 
#1 ·
Went to a private owned coffee shop on Saturday, and my Sister In Law tried a nitrous cold brew coffee. I immediately thought of MJ. Not sure if he likes cold coffee drinks, but one never knows. Has anyone else tried this before? I used to grind my own, but not so much anymore. I think Im becoming more frugal with my slingshot spending money????

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yeah I can make nitrous cold coffee......spendy to get set up to do tho....Nitrous cardtridges are expensive to buy for the charging...

You need a special brew keg with a special fascut for nitrous.... set up will cost you about @250usd...

akaOldmiser

PS: I use my small 1.75 gal... Cannonbal keg ..that I brew home beer in.......Just have to have the Nitrous fascut set up.. to make the cold coffee....

I like making Draft Beer on tap.......cold in the frig...

#8 ·
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitro_cold_brew_coffee

Well that is fascinating. And it'd have to be straight nitrogen too, because nitro and HPA (the terms are used somewhat interchangeably to a surprising degree) have different oxygen fractionals which would attack some of the volatiles in the coffee. This must be how guinness does it. Learn something new every day. Thanks for the share!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.