Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m talking about the sky! My Pops had me playing with gliders and rubber-powered planes since I was a little Mo running around the fields and parks near my home. I think most of us have seen the $1.00 balsa launch-gliders at the local market in the toy section. This version comes from a company called White Wings. The fork is a little natural gapper that I’ll shoot on rare occasions so it was fitting to set it up as a launcher. I used some shit-glue and got a little fumbly but it is solid. I’ll hand if off to my daughter to add some #FJB graphics and other inflammatory objectifications in the event I lose it in an updraft. Shoot-On!
Electrical wiring Networking cables Cable Wood Audio equipment
Eyewear Collar Wood Jewellery Wire
Aircraft Vehicle Wood Wheel Font
Glasses Eyewear Wood Office supplies Writing implement

·
Mojave Mo
5,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cool idea,doo da doo and its off to the dollar store :)
Brother Skarrd—-just like elastic and steel it is easy to overpower one of these into WarpDrive and have it explode just past the end of the fork! Some geezers will put a drop of glue here and there on a Balsa Kit like this one here. Some companies now make them in ‘Ocean Compliant’ plastic but I don’t like how those fly. Here is a photo of a kit that I bought in 1981. True Story: I’ve had there wives since ‘91 but I never lost this toy.😳
Product Cross Font Material property Toy
Aircraft Airplane Toy airplane Monoplane Aviation

·
Registered
194 Posts
I’m talking about the sky! My Pops had me playing with gliders and rubber-powered planes since I was a little Mo running around the fields and parks near my home. I think most of us have seen the $1.00 balsa launch-gliders at the local market in the toy section. This version comes from a company called White Wings. The fork is a little natural gapper that I’ll shoot on rare occasions so it was fitting to set it up as a launcher. I used some shit-glue and got a little fumbly but it is solid. I’ll hand if off to my daughter to add some #FJB graphics and other inflammatory objectifications in the event I lose it in an updraft. Shoot-On! View attachment 360864 View attachment 360865 View attachment 360866 View attachment 360867
Does anyone remember the gas powered planes that were on a string and you did circles to fly it? Round and round until I nearly vomited.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts