Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went from ruffly a 30" draw length to I guess you would say half butterfly at 45".
I had a chance to get out to do some shooting today, I can not believe the difference in shooting half butterfly compared to the way that I was shooting.
I was amazed at the speed and power increase, I was what I considered to be pretty a shooter, but I was amazed at the incredible accuracy that I was able to achieve.

I can tell you one thing I will not be going back to the way that I was shooting.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I went from ruffly a 30" draw length to I guess you would say half butterfly at 45".
I had a chance to get out to do some shooting today, I can not believe the difference in shooting half butterfly compared to the way that I was shooting.
I was amazed at the speed and power increase, I was what I considered to be pretty a shooter, but I was amazed at the incredible accuracy that I was able to achieve.

I can tell you one thing I will not be going back to the way that I was shooting.

Always a nice feeling to get an upgrade! Glad you're having a good time. Keep on slingin'!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Congratulation on your break through!
I understand the more power part.
What did you do to your shooting style that gave you greater accuracy?
Where on your face do you anchor or touch reference?
What is your pouch hold/release style?

- Zippy Bands
The upper band near the forks rests on my cheek right below my eye, and the upper band near the pouch rests right under my earlobe.

I think the longer draw length allows me to get my body more lined up, hope this makes sense. All I know is that my accuracy has improved.

As for the release, in use my thumb kind of like a speed bump or like a ramp.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was what I considered to be a pretty shooter
Lol... I guess Barney Fife might be cute, but pretty?

Now, you just need to jump right on out to the maximum speed from
full butterfly :)
I noticed that I left the word good out while typing, when I noticed it, it was to late to edit the post, so I'll just stick with I'm pretty.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
I was what I considered to be a pretty shooter
Lol... I guess Barney Fife might be cute, but pretty?

Now, you just need to jump right on out to the maximum speed from
full butterfly :)
I noticed that I left the word good out while typing, when I noticed it, it was to late to edit the post, so I'll just stick with I'm pretty.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
If you only knew all the times I wished I could delete things. Would save on a considerable amount of embarrassment for me but not be nearly as entertaining for everyone else. I've instead taken on the "meh" approach. So far it's been working out nicely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.