Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've just about run out of ideas for making flip shooters. I want to make a new and funky frame design, but it calls for flatbands that are shot like a wrist braced tubular elastic design, sort of through or over the forks, but with no wrist-flip action.
What's the best configuration, or at least what are the good options?

I like Tex's target shooting bracers like the Nova-Star(?)

I also could do something with rear pointing bar forks.

There are many options, but I'm short on experience.

I presume wide and high forks are needed. How wide and how high?

It'll have swivel forks, if that's useful information.

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
My favorite wrist braced model is the Saunders Wrist Rocket Pro. It has very low, extended, forks and is QUITE accurate. I think that it will be very hard to do a swivel design with extended forks though.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
ZDP, the best shooting one is the one on the right (Target Star). All of them could use some tweaking, but the Target Star is the most accurate slingshot that I have ever shot. -- Tex

Attachments

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
You have a great analitical mind, Dan . Figure out a simple way to reduce the hand torque you get with a slingshot with high forks.....without having your finger and thumb so close to the forks....I have thought about it a bit and the best idea I can come up with is to figure out a way to attach the forks at a different point on the slingshot grip
sounds weird but I don't know. the impossible intregues me .... I have a drawing of what I mean.. When I find it i'll post it

-Scott

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aaron and Bill, thanks; I have a good idea of what it'll look like now.

Scott, I'm thinking about attaching the forks to the side of the heel of the grip on a swivel. You pull instead of push, but then your elbow and wrist lock and the frame is kept in the hand by a block or plate over the top of the thumb and forefinger or maybe a strap. Try this with a belt:

You'll find it's an incredibly stable position. The elbow and wrist are locked. There is no tremor even under heavy tension. If you put a fork on the heel just in front of where the buckle is and shot it side on like Tex (Bill) does, you'll get a consistent delivery. The only problem is you can't flip it. Bill's Target Star being a proven wrist braced flatband slingshot shot from approximately the same position is a perfect design precedent. I think though that this one does need a swivel, as my non-swivel designs depend on some wrist movement that won't happen here.

Show me what you plan Scott. Maybe it'll work too.

·
Banned
73 Posts
ZDP in the picture you have shown your wrist is rotated to far forward. Try doing pushups with your wrist this way and then try doing pushups with a closed fist.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Fitted to the hand and held like the gloveshot, but the forks are turned in at 90 degrees and extended forward ? With an arm brace for consistent angle when held ? You people make my brain hurt !

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fitted to the hand and held like the gloveshot, but the forks are turned in at 90 degrees and extended forward ? With an arm brace for consistent angle when held ? You people make my brain hurt !
My way isn't quite like that. The forks are on the side, but don't offer fork extension. There is no arm brace, because it makes for a more compact frame, it isn't recessary because of the locked wrist and because braces are illegal in some jurisdictions.

It's hard to explain. If I build it, I'll post it and get it videoed on The Slingshot Channel.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing another one of your awesome creations ! All I can say is hurry up and get er done !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts