Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey slingshot enthusiasts! I finish another slingshot. I did it from one baltic birch burl leftover. On handle I laminated some wenge, olive and tulipwood pieces. Some wood cracks and voids are filled with epoxy. Birch part was stained with chocolate tone leather stain. Finished with boiled linseed oil. It is very comfort hold in hand :). Hopefully it finds new home soon.

Sharker

Wood Sculpture Artifact Art Finial
Wood Gesture Art Trunk Sculpture
Wood Gesture Sculpture Art Toy
Toy Wood Asphalt Glass Electric blue
Wood Artifact Art Plant Sculpture
Wood Art Artifact Sculpture Creative arts
Wood Electric blue Font Fashion accessory Metal
Wood Fawn Artifact Art Natural material
Wood Finger Thigh Art Human leg
Plant Hand tool Wood Tool Artifact

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh boy! Sorry for coming in so late on this.
That is a beautiful frame! And excellent photography as well.
Very "outside of the box" sculpting. Well, for me anyway........
Thanks for posting.
Yeah, shape looks unusual, but it fits in hand like clove :). New owner is very happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey slingshot enthusiasts! I finish another slingshot. I did it from one baltic birch burl leftover. On handle I laminated some wenge, olive and tulipwood pieces. Some wood cracks and voids are filled with epoxy. Birch part was stained with chocolate tone leather stain. Finished with boiled linseed oil. It is very comfort hold in hand :). Hopefully it finds new home soon.

Sharker

View attachment 354441 View attachment 354442 View attachment 354443 View attachment 354444 View attachment 354445 View attachment 354446 View attachment 354447 View attachment 354448 View attachment 354449 View attachment 354450
Hard to beat the natural beauty of highly figured wood. Love the layup on the handle butt and the scuplted grip. Did you model it's shape from a form of your own grip? Beautiful piece!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hard to beat the natural beauty of highly figured wood. Love the layup on the handle butt and the scuplted grip. Did you model it's shape from a form of your own grip? Beautiful piece!
Yes it fits in my hand very well, but now its in new home, and serve new master very well, offering lots of fun :)

·
Super Moderator
7,128 Posts
I was wondering where you went to Mr.Sharker. Absolutely awesome Slingshot. As always, you never disappoint. IMHO, you are one of the top 5 Slingshot builders. Great work!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was wondering where you went to Mr.Sharker. Absolutely awesome Slingshot. As always, you never disappoint. IMHO, you are one of the top 5 Slingshot builders. Great work!
I have just one very long lasting job, I do 3d models for small garden houses, and it take almost whole free time. And I did some beautiful knifes meanwhile 😇. So I dont post here not very often, but I still love crafting slingshots, so in future when that 3d job is over, can spend more time for crafting and photographing :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts