Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Neophyte
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to go to Northern tool today and saw this. It was a mere 5 dollars. It is heavy and magnetic so I am as sure as one can be that it is steel. The tubes were useful to slip over the frame tips. There were a few rough spots on the frame that needed smoothing out as did the main tips of the frame but nothing too crazy. The slingshot has a nice heft to it and a comfortable curve to it as well. Over all certainly worth 5 bucks :)

I think this is one similar to the ones wll does so well with?

Attachments

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,377 Posts
Had to go to Northern tool today and saw this. It was a mere 5 dollars. It is heavy and magnetic so I am as sure as one can be that it is steel. The tubes were useful to slip over the frame tips. There were a few rough spots on the frame that needed smoothing out as did the main tips of the frame but nothing too crazy. The slingshot has a nice heft to it and a comfortable curve to it as well. Over all certainly worth 5 bucks :)

I think this is one similar to the ones wll does so well with?
I know that slingshot very, very well. It is the newer generation of the slingshots that I called "Cheapo's"

I took mine and put the handle section in the machine vice to flatten it out, so I could get a better grip. I have MANY of the older models and they are some of my favorite slingshots. Yes, that is a steel wire frame and it will last you your lifetime. I use mine all the time, those sings and my Daisy F-16's are my go to slingshots !!

The one below has Kent #303 looped tubes and it is a powerhouse:

2050%20New%20Cheapo%20sm.png

wll

·
Registered
962 Posts
After market custom up grades, supersize/biggie size it. Supreme makeover. I bet it had no idea what was in store for it when you brought it home. You changed that slingshots life for the better, so it should be grateful and be extra accurate. Right? Like when you rescue a dog from the pound//or stray, take it home wash it, brush it, feed it, give it a comfy place to live. and the dog is extra loyal and obedient/grateful.

·
Registered
475 Posts
The screw plug has rubber tube on it, wrapped in the flat band and inserted. Clamped with metal washer, as raventree78 said in his post the fork ends are ruff, I polished mine it took some of the plating off. All well....

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.