Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a simple homemade target today.

I hope some of you enjoy this.

While at the SEST there was a .22 blank in an aluminum target, but as an apartment dweller that may be a bit much (I made one for outdoor out of city limits shooting). So I had these poppers and some masking tape and an indoor target.

It was very loud. So I may use it seldom...but I am going to use this.

You just stick them on a target. And shoot...bam!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Auditory feedback is always great. Mrs. Raja and I just introduced our archery kids to balloons.
Blue that is awesome. One of my first interactive targets was a balloonwith talcum powder in it.

cool targets man but another one them things us canadains r not allowed to have :cursin:
You cannot have snap pop fireworks?
Wow!

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Cool targets. Like PB said, we can't get those in Canada. But when we were kids we used to make them. Just empty all the powder from a cap gun ring into some aluminum foil, put in 4 or 5 .177 bbs, wrap it all up nice and tight. And boom there you go.

We used to make them and shoot at them all the time with the slingshots. And then when we got frustrated because we couldn't hit them, we would just use them as the ammo.

When I was 9 or 10 I shot a pigeon with one, nor sure if the impact killed it or it just scared it to death.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,710 Posts
cool targets man but another one them things us canadains r not allowed to have :cursin:
PB, you could always move to the good ol U.S.A.................there's several of us would welcome you here with

open arms, LOL.

It really is crazy some of the limitations placed on us at times..........frustrating to say the least.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,710 Posts
I just redressed that 0.22 target up for my personal use in the basement. I can't believe how much all you guys shot that thing up at SEST. It is actually bent.
LOL, yeah that thing was literally " COVERED " with dimples, like a golf ball, haha...................poor old Porthos Dan, you're probably scaring that little fella

half to death when you connect with that 22 blank.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just redressed that 0.22 target up for my personal use in the basement. I can't believe how much all you guys shot that thing up at SEST. It is actually bent.
Dan, that thing is a awesome.
Drew and I made some already. I had trouble finding the exact bit size...ended up the 7/32" is good.

15/64" left a little wiggle room, but would work.

My theory is the bits remove a touch more material than their actual size in order to allow a pin/rod/die to enter the holes.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL, yeah that thing was literally " COVERED " with dimples, like a golf ball, haha...................poor old Porthos Dan, you're probably scaring that little fella
half to death when you connect with that 22 blank.
It sure was fun...but at camp hearing the gunshots before I knew what it was made me wonder if I should have packed my safety orange. hahaha...

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
Dan, that thing is a awesome.
Drew and I made some already. I had trouble finding the exact bit size...ended up the 7/32" is good.
15/64" left a little wiggle room, but would work.
My theory is the bits remove a touch more material than their actual size in order to allow a pin/rod/die to enter the holes.
Drill bits are a very rough method of material removal in the machining world. In theory if the drill bit is sharpened right and there is no runout in the spindle it should drill on size. But...... that is very seldom the case. Drill bit are massed produce cheep, there for the grinds are never right and they never run perfectly true, plus a drill press quill is not machined to a very high tolerance. Therefore drill bits most always drill .005" to .010" oversized.

When a machinist gets a new bit the very first thing I do is resharpen it lol.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Cool thread! Way to go guys. You Canada guys might try strike anywhere matches. I haven't tried it, but I'm wondering if you couldn't get them slightly damp while removing the two combustibles.

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
PB, you could always move to the good ol U.S.A.................there's several of us would welcome you here with
open arms, LOL.
It really is crazy some of the limitations placed on us at times..........frustrating to say the least.
Thanks I like to visit 7 of u guys even I got looking into it even the small ones r banned now gee before 911 u could find all the banned stuff not so much anymore:-(

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts